This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tay810

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi friends! I am having a tough time deciding which school is best and wanted some advice.

ACOM
~Pros
DO/MPH
Ipad/laptop
Trending upward board rates
Housing essentially on campus
Lots of flexibility during 4th year
Heavy emphasis on clinical simulation
Location (warmer and near beaches)
Match rate was 100% for last class

~cons
11 1/2 hours away from home
Lower level 2 scores
Attendance policy is strict
Dress code
Newer school

I think they provide board prep but I can’t remember from the interview

KCOM
~Pros
Closer to home (3 1/2 hours)
Longer standing school
Ultrasound curriculum
Do clinical rotation in home area
iPad
COL is cheap

~cons
Board rate is slightly lower than the national average
Seems like a lot of classes during the first 2 years
Could be a comfort thing to want to go here

Also believe they give board prep too

If anyone has any comments or other things I should be looking at, I would greatly appreciate any feedback.
 
ACOM had issues with attrition with first year students. I believe they made changes to the policy but it might be better to go to KCOM then instead, especially if you can go home for 3 day weekends and have a clinical rotation in the area later on in school.