ACOM vs AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulDoc91

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was recently accepted to ACOM, and I have an upcoming interview at AZCOM in October. I've been looking at prices for flights, rental cars, and hotels and freaking out a bit at the cost. I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to go to the interview. Overall it'll cost me at least $500 to go out there. I know AZCOM is a good school, but as you can tell I'm a frugal person and am not keen on the $65,000 a year tuition. Just wondering what anyone's thoughts were on these 2 schools? I liked Dothan, AL and could see myself being there. It's also a bit closer to my family (mostly in the philly area, some in AL actually; at least I could drive to AL but definitely not to AZCOM).

ACOM is a newer school though, so career wise would AZCOM be better?

I also applied to Touro-CA and PNWU; to be honest, I can't afford to fly to all 3 of these schools (I'm from the east coast). So if I were offered an interview at Touro-CA or PNWU, I don't know if I would be able to go (that being said, I don't know if I'll even get an interview at these schools).

I would appreciate any input. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I just can't see that 20k+ extra price tag being worth it unless they offer you something extraordinary. With Midwestern CCOM, at least you get strong hospital rotations in the Chicago and Chicagoland area. I've heard "eh" things about AZCOM's rotations.

With that said, if you're on the fence - just go and experience the interview. ACOM was amazing and beyond my expectations (I'm speaking on behalf of someone that was hesitant of the school), so you never know until you try it out. A few hundred dollars for an interview will be worth it in the long term of your medical education.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Unfortunately this process is very expensive. Unless you are 100% satisfied with ACOM (their rotations, policies, etc.), I suggest going to the AZCOM interview because it is a solid school.

Get another credit card if you have to.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just can't see that 20k+ extra price tag being worth it unless they offer you something extraordinary. With Midwestern CCOM, at least you get strong hospital rotations in the Chicago and Chicagoland area. I've heard "eh" things about AZCOM's rotations.

With that said, if you're on the fence - just go and experience the interview. ACOM was amazing and beyond my expectations (I'm speaking on behalf of someone that was hesitant of the school), so you never know until you try it out. A few hundred dollars for an interview will be worth it in the long term of your medical education.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I agree with you. I would only be willing to have an extra $80,000 of debt if the school blew me away. But I feel like I won't know that unless I go out to the interview. I did really love ACOM, and I can honestly say there is not anything about ACOM that I was unhappy about. I guess I'm just having a hard time committing $500+ to go to this interview when I could get an interview at Touro-CA or PNWU (and I would rather go to one of those over AZCOM). But I can't predict if they'll even send me an II. I'm so torn but if I'm going to go I need to buy the plane tickets now.

Personally I'm not a fan of azcom

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Variety of reasons, generally not a fan of their curriculum. Among other things I don't like having a test every single week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would go. ACOM is just too new and they have mandatory attendance

Hi all,

I was recently accepted to ACOM, and I have an upcoming interview at AZCOM in October. I've been looking at prices for flights, rental cars, and hotels and freaking out a bit at the cost. I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to go to the interview. Overall it'll cost me at least $500 to go out there. I know AZCOM is a good school, but as you can tell I'm a frugal person and am not keen on the $65,000 a year tuition. Just wondering what anyone's thoughts were on these 2 schools? I liked Dothan, AL and could see myself being there. It's also a bit closer to my family (mostly in the philly area, some in AL actually; at least I could drive to AL but definitely not to AZCOM).

I also applied to Touro-CA and PNWU; to be honest, I can't afford to fly to all 3 of these schools (I'm from the east coast). So if I were offered an interview at Touro-CA or PNWU, I don't know if I would be able to go (that being said, I don't know if I'll even get an interview at these schools).

This is easy: What do you like more, barbecue, or Mexican food?

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all,

So your whole list was ACOM, AZCOM, Touro CA and PNWU?

I'd take the interview OP. At the very least it can confirm your notion that ACOM is right for you.

So your whole list was ACOM, AZCOM, Touro CA and PNWU?

I'd take the interview OP. At the very least it can confirm your notion that ACOM is right for you.
No I have a much more extensive list. ACOM is my only acceptance so far, and AZCOM, Touro-CA, and PNWU are the only schools I applied to that are far enough away that I would have to fly. Basically I can't afford to fly to all 3 if I got interviews from all 3, but right now it's just AZCOM.

No I have a much more extensive list. ACOM is my only acceptance so far, and AZCOM, Touro-CA, and PNWU are the only schools I applied to that are far enough away that I would have to fly. Basically I can't afford to fly to all 3 if I got interviews from all 3, but right now it's just AZCOM.
If you don't live in far west, PacNW is a longshot.

If you don't live in far west, PacNW is a longshot.
Yes that's what I think too. I'm not counting too much on them. I've decided to go ahead with the AZCOM interview, I think it would be best to visit the school in person and see what they're all about.