ACOM vs. Nova

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iux

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm trying to decide between these two schools. Honestly imo, they are pretty equal in all categories besides location with Nova being in Florida and ACOM being in Alabama. As a Florida resident, I would like to stay here and that is Nova's most attractive attribute to me. But I also felt that the vibe at ACOM was much more warm and welcoming, which could lend to a more conducive learning environment. In the future, I plan to do my residency and practice in Florida.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think either school will limit your ability to match in Florida. However, I have heard concern from other members of SDN as well as a student at Nova that not everything is as nice as it looks. Including the number of transitional years matched this year, the siphoning of resources to another branch campus as well as the MD students getting favored. But this is just what I have heard from word of mouth, I have nothing against Nova

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
elaborate?
I just started at ACOM and I know it’s early but I’ve had a good experience so far. Medical school is hard no matter where you go, they give you what you need to succeed but ultimately it’s up to you to find out what works in regards to studying and to have the discipline to follow through with it.

Reactions: 1 users
I’ve met 5 nova students (MS3) and they all said they didn’t regret their choice and found it to be a warm and inviting atmosphere

Hey guys, I'm trying to decide between these two schools. Honestly imo, they are pretty equal in all categories besides location with Nova being in Florida and ACOM being in Alabama. As a Florida resident, I would like to stay here and that is Nova's most attractive attribute to me. But I also felt that the vibe at ACOM was much more warm and welcoming, which could lend to a more conducive learning environment. In the future, I plan to do my residency and practice in Florida.
Which school did you decide? I just submitted my app to ACOM. I am a bit nervous. I have a science gpa of 3.69, but my overall is 3.4

Which school did you decide? I just submitted my app to ACOM. I am a bit nervous. I have a science gpa of 3.69, but my overall is 3.4
i think they said ACOM about two posts up! i don't know why I'm even looking at this thread LOL good luck

Reactions: 1 user
I've heard NOVA has great networking but high COA, higher attrition and class size (similar to NYITCOM)

ACOM is a newer school.