ACS Biochem Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starflower

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I searched for other posts, but there's nothing recent...

Does anyone know anything about this exam? I heard that there is a study guide available, but I can't find it! If there is one, can someone provide a link? How are people studying for it?

Thank you so much.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't taken the ACS biochemistry exam or the class, for that matter; however, my university does use it - along with other ACS exams - as the final for the course.

That being said, I don't think that there is an official study guide for the biochemistry test. There are guides for general chemistry and organic chemistry, and they can be found at the following site: http://www4.uwm.edu/chemexams/guides/index.cfm.

As you can see, there is no guide listed for biochemistry. But, if you go to the page that describes the tests, then you can get a general idea of what the exam will be like.

If there is a guide, then it's not from the same people who make the test. I'd ask your professor if he or she is aware of any study tools. Professors, however, can't release copies of old exams.

Good luck, and sorry that I couldn't help much.

Wasnt too bad....Just go back and review your notes...You should be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
What the last poster said...it wasn't too difficult of an exam. If you study your notes you should do well...

H! Can anyone tell me the format of the questions (ex. broad/general, specific, calculations)? Does the test go into specifics of anything like major processes or just broad overview? AHHH......i'm so worried that they'll ask questions that are really detail oriented. Thanks!!!!

plus, there's soo much to study.....i don't know what to focus on and what to skip over. i don't want to over study or under study. Please HELP!!!
oh yea, the test is in a day...can you say AHHHHHHHHHH!?!?!?!?!