Actual mcat vs aamc fl 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Loonj

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took an aamc scored exam, the first one so far and are the passages on that correct length? I feel as if there were much shorter than what they should be. Does anyone know how long on average the passage lengths for each section on the actual mcat? I got a 514 on the aamc scored fl 1 which I was very surprised by bc I have been getting 507 and 509 on the next step fl which I know are much harder but i wasnt expecting a five point jump within a few days of taking them? is this what everyone else is getting too? Im taking the test in 6 days so any insight would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

AAMC materials are the most accurate to the real thing, so they should be around the same length. Some may be shorter, some longer, but on average, pretty similar.

NS is usually pretty deflated. Your scores look really solid. You should do great on the real thing :)

I took an aamc scored exam, the first one so far and are the passages on that correct length? I feel as if there were much shorter than what they should be. Does anyone know how long on average the passage lengths for each section on the actual mcat? I got a 514 on the aamc scored fl 1 which I was very surprised by bc I have been getting 507 and 509 on the next step fl which I know are much harder but i wasnt expecting a five point jump within a few days of taking them? is this what everyone else is getting too? Im taking the test in 6 days so any insight would be much appreciated.

I agree you are looking solid. Most people do similar to their practice full lengths from AAMC. Myself: FL1: 519, FL2: 522 Actual:519.
More than likely you'll get a 514+ on the actual even if it doesn't feel like it coming out.