Addiction Medicine Fellowship Interviews 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

suboxdoc

Reaction score
Hello all,

I’m new here to SDN. Wanted to start a thread about addiction medicine fellowship interviews this year. I’m currently on the trail as well. Where has everyone interviewed and what’s your experience?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for creating a thread. Report from past fellows indicates that this application cycle has been a bit more organized (likely due to the fact Addiction medicine joined ERAS) when compared to previous years. That said, I honestly think addiction medicine needs to join the NRMP match as different programs have different timelines and can be very stressful on the applicants.
Being also on the interview trail myself, I have interviewed in a few programs:
MGH
BMC
BWH
Yale
Rutgers
Jersey Shore
Cooper, Camden
Buffalo

Thanks for creating a thread. Report from past fellows indicates that this application cycle has been a bit more organized (likely due to the fact Addiction medicine joined ERAS) when compared to previous years. That said, I honestly think addiction medicine needs to join the NRMP match as different programs have different timelines and can be very stressful on the applicants.
Being also on the interview trail myself, I have interviewed in a few programs:
MGH
BMC
BWH
Yale
Rutgers
Jersey Shore
Cooper, Camden
Buffalo
Hey! Just seeing this post. I’m an incoming PGY-2 and beginning to look at fellowship opportunities unfortunately information about the specialty is scarce.
could you let me know your experience during the interview season and outcome.

secondly, what do you think the top programs such as MGH, BMC, BWH and Yales look out for in a candidate and what was your interview experience.

thank you so much for responding to OP