Adding LORs after submission, before verification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stickgirl390

I tell chemistry jokes periodically.
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd like to add another letter of reference to my AMCAS application. I have already submitted my primary application, but it has not been verified. If I initiate a new LOR request, will my application re-enter the queue for verification, or will I hold the spot I currently have? (submitted July 5). Also, will I still be able to send that letter to all my applied schools, if my primary verifies before the new LOR is received?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

You can add schools and LORs without affecting your spot in verification. And you can send the letter when it comes in. I was verified in June, but just received my final letter on Monday. I then had to apply for a letter packet, and that will be coming in some time next week. So I will be able to send that letter to all of my schools when it gets uploaded. Hope that helps!

Reactions: 1 users
You can add schools and LORs without affecting your spot in verification. And you can send the letter when it comes in. I was verified in June, but just received my final letter on Monday. I then had to apply for a letter packet, and that will be coming in some time next week. So I will be able to send that letter to all of my schools when it gets uploaded. Hope that helps!
Thanks! And my app can still be verified without that letter being there yet, so I can start getting secondaries?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! And my app can still be verified without that letter being there yet, so I can start getting secondaries?
Yep - mine was verified with no LORs

Reactions: 1 user
@gonnif I had a whole response and you beat me to it! Like lightning!

Stickgirl390 I went through this myself, no effect whatsoever on verification when I called AMCAS to confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for all the help! You guys are the best!