Adding new MCAT date to amcas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psyflgirl

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I took the exam last month and I voided. I want to retake in August but I haven't scheduled yet because I want to be sure that I am at least near ready to take it and not waste the money again. My question is: Can I add my tentative mcat date to my amcas which is already verified or do I have to actually schedule first? I received a secondary and I don't want the school to look at my app and see that my score should already be released and I don't have a score (not sure how this works) or a test date. Thanks in advance for your response.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I took the exam last month and I voided. I want to retake in August but I haven't scheduled yet because I want to be sure that I am at least near ready to take it and not waste the money again. My question is: Can I add my tentative mcat date to my amcas which is already verified or do I have to actually schedule first? I received a secondary and I don't want the school to look at my app and see that my score should already be released and I don't have a score (not sure how this works) or a test date. Thanks in advance for your response.
I don't believe you can, but why not just log in and try?

I can fill in any of the provided dates, save it, and then change it, and save it again. And I'm not scheduled to take the MCAT anywhere.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. I tried and it does let me do it, but my question is if it is actually allowed or would I be violating any rules?

Thanks. I tried and it does let me do it, but my question is if it is actually allowed or would I be violating any rules?
From p57 of the AMCAS Application Guide:

Postsubmission Changes

Before submitting your application, you should review it thoroughly. After you submit your application,
you may make changes only to the following sections:
• ID numbers
• Name, including Legal Name, Preferred Name, and Alternate Names
• Contact Information, including Permanent and Preferred Mailing Addresses
• Alternate Contact
• Birth and Sex
• Letters of Evaluation (addition of no more than 10 letter entries and notification to AMCAS
of a letter no longer to be sent)
Next MCAT test date
• Addition of medical schools and change(s) to existing program type (deadlines, fees,
and restrictions apply)
• Release of application information to your prehealth advisor
After you submit your application, the Submit Application button will change to Resubmit. A time stamp
will appear noting the date and time of submission. The Resubmit Application button will remain
inactive until a permitted change is made to the application. Once you have edited a permitted field,
the button will become active.

Reactions: 1 user