Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Additional Information

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Haleyzx, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Haleyzx

7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I recently got certified by the PTCB as a pharm tech, and is waiting for a license from my state(CA). Although I have already submitted all my applications, I would like to include this in my application once they approved my pharm tech license. how do I present this information to the admisson committee? do I just make a photocopy of the license and attach a letter explaining that I just got this? or do I just bring it up during the interview?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ajh88

ajh88 New Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I would just contact the schools where you applied - tell them you have some additional information you think is pertinent to your application and see what they say. Some may just have you email something in, others may want something more official, and others may just tell you to talk about it in your interview. Good luck!

4. wolfpackhal

wolfpackhal UNC PharmD class of 2013
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I would just email the admissions coordinator of each school you applied to and ask them to update your file with the new information. I have found that this method typically works best. They may want proof, but the application process is supposed to be ethical, so I doubt they would really need/want it.

5. Haleyzx

7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    thank you both for the reply, has anyone else actually had to update their application? what method did you use?

6. Jammerdez1

Jammerdez1 Oklahoma 2013
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I'm actuallu about to do this myself. I don't think you need to wait for your license from CA to update your file, as long as you have your PTCB certification. As stated above, I would just e-mail the admissions office/contact and let them know that you have become certified and would like to update your application with the information.