Adobe Acrobat Question (help!)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jamaican MD

G.I.T.
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a trick for typing responses onto applications in pdf format? (obviously, w/o using a typewriter--I HATE that thing!)

Members don't see this ad.

You have to have Adobe Acrobat, an expensive program, not just the Reader, which is what you get online for free. If you're at a school or big business you should ask around and see if anyone has the full program. It's probably not worth buying for a single application.

Your other option is to select the whole document and hit "copy" then paste it into Word and edit it from there.

Good luck.
Kat

Thank you. . .I already tried to copy the document and paste it into word, but that doesn't work either :(

Members don't see this ad :)
You need to have the full version of acrobat, but you can use the Touch Up Text Tool, to type into the the lines on the PDF. It's the T button on the Editing Toolbar.

You can do it with acrobat, but a program which I've found to be just as sufficient and maybe a bit easier to use, while also cheaper and more accessible is Adobe Illustrator. The computers at my school have both installed, so check at your school and see if the same is true. A last resort could be Adobe Photoshop, but that might end up being a bit more sloppy.

Some applications are made so that you can type in using Acrobat reader, but most don't. I'd suggest finding a computer on your campus that has the full acrobat program (even borrowing your professor's) to fill it out. Or just whip out the ol' typewriter.