Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,
While this isn't exactly an academic question/comment, I'm not sure where else here I could post this and receive quality feedback on the subject other than the Spouses and Partners forum(which seems a bit slow as of late).
Has anyone ever adopted while in medical school? Or, were you not given consideration for adoption due to low/ no income? Were there any other unique barriers to overcome as a medical student(me) and spouse(wife, in this case) to adopting a child that is different than having your own? We are very non-traditional by age and thus having our own is possibly becoming less of an option...
While this isn't exactly an academic question/comment, I'm not sure where else here I could post this and receive quality feedback on the subject other than the Spouses and Partners forum(which seems a bit slow as of late).
Has anyone ever adopted while in medical school? Or, were you not given consideration for adoption due to low/ no income? Were there any other unique barriers to overcome as a medical student(me) and spouse(wife, in this case) to adopting a child that is different than having your own? We are very non-traditional by age and thus having our own is possibly becoming less of an option...
Last edited: