Army ADSO at Clinic, ACH, AMC, etc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aklark

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was checking out the MTF locator on Tricare.mil and was surprised to see lots of facilities other than the major hospitals like Walter Reed and Brooke Army Medical Center. Do active-duty docs staff smaller places like "Army health clincs" and "ambulatory care centers" post-residency, or are you mostly looking at staying in the larger medical centers and community hospitals?

Also, if anyone has a link to a good organizational overview of the Army medical system/facilities/etc, please post.

Members don't see this ad.

It's largely specialty dependent. Obviously, you'll find family practitioners at a lot more places than radiation oncologists.

To my knowledge, there isn't a resource that tell you how many of X type of physician to find at Y location. Even an MTF's TDA isn't accurate, because that reflects authorizations rather than reality. As a resident, I was able to figure out all of the locations my specialty might be stationed, but I'm only talking about ~25 locations worldwide. It would be difficult to do for a large specialty like internal or family medicine.