ADT at Fort Sam Houston Housing questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slevin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm heading down to Fort Sam on an ADT for the month in the next few weeks and I was wondering about housing. If I can't get on base housing for the ADT because all the hotels are full, does anyone recommend an off base site for housing?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I stayed at the Comfort Suites at I-35 and Rittiman Rd. A lot of people rotating with me stayed there as well. It's fairly nice and only a 5-10 minute drive from BAMC.

I stayed at the Comfort Suites at I-35 and Rittiman Rd. A lot of people rotating with me stayed there as well. It's fairly nice and only a 5-10 minute drive from BAMC.

Now did you have to pay it out of pocket and then have the military pay you back or did you get an advance to subsidize the cost of housing.

Members don't see this ad :)
And how much was it a night?

I originally reserved with Powless, then they arranged the reservation with Comfort Suites when some wounded soldiers came in so the rate was $79.50.

I was told though at my orientation that you can stay pretty much wherever you want. They kept trying to push the Riverwalk. I just wanted to be close to work as I was getting in at 5 am and leaving around 7 pm every day.

You should try booking through IHG Army hotels online. That way you'll be sure to get the military rate. Be sure to register for priority club rewards as you will rack up a lot of points during your stay.

Edit: just remembered that Comfort Suites is not one of the IHG hotels. You might be able to book directly through them at the military rate.

Last edited: