ADT Total Pay amount?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sonofva

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I was just wondering how much total money I would see for my 45 day ADT HPSP slot this summer. I am going to ARMY BOLC at Fort Sam. I will be a 2nd LT with no prior service, unmaried. Just trying to work out my budget...Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all. I was just wondering how much total money I would see for my 45 day ADT HPSP slot this summer. I am going to ARMY BOLC at Fort Sam. I will be a 2nd LT with no prior service, unmaried. Just trying to work out my budget...Thanks!

The following calculator should give you a fairly good idea:

http://militarypay.defense.gov/pay/calc/index.html

I like the calculator because it factors in federal and state taxes, and gives you an idea of what the tax advantage of military pay might be (due to tax free BAH/BAS). Just multiply the result by 1.5 to get the 45 day amount. If the link doesn't work, just google "military pay calculator" and it should be one of your first results.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
thanks! will i get BAH and anything extra of that nature? and if so can anyone provide an estimate?

sorry i can't seem to figure all this out on my own...sort of new to the process and there's a lot of acronyms...

no BAH at BOLC, you're housed at the BOQ and your meals are covered so BAH/BAS aren't applicable. Also, be prepared to drop at least 500 bucks for uniforms when you go. Just something to keep in mind if finances are tight. If you are really tight on cash, you could get an AAFES card until payday.

no BAH at BOLC, you're housed at the BOQ and your meals are covered so BAH/BAS aren't applicable. Also, be prepared to drop at least 500 bucks for uniforms when you go. Just something to keep in mind if finances are tight. If you are really tight on cash, you could get an AAFES card until payday.

thats nice of the army, navy made us fill a seabag with about 1700 worth of gear

probably more like 1000 if i really think about it (boots/undershirts/etc...)

probably more like 1000 if i really think about it (boots/undershirts/etc...)

haha. thanks all! i'm glad the army will at least be buying my meals, otherwise i'd be eating ramen...

You should get BAH and BAS, but you will not get per diem. (except for $3 per day for incidentals.)
The BAH will be based on 1) Where dependants live. (if you have them), 2) Your school's zip code (if you are in school), or 3) Your home of record (if you have not started school.)

They may decide to give it only based on 2, but that will be a program management decision.

i might be wrong and didn't have any dependents. Go with the big guy's advice ^^