Advanced standing for foreign grads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Originally posted by saravs
Hey Merl,
Good news. Wish you the best. The interview at Tufts is pretty much similar to the other places. The intro, tour and then the actual interview. Mine ended by 1 P.M. There was one more guy aside from me.
Relax and yeah on a lighter note, they dont give u anything to eat, so, better stock up before u go to the interview
Regards
s
hi sarvas, did you go to upenn for the interview and on what basis do they select students.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a BS in pre medical Science from US , my dental education was in a foreign country . Anyone knows if that will help me in any way for admission?

Originally posted by merl
Hi All,

henna yes we all made a difference the huge part goes to u and few others I guess. good to cu back and when ever u are there man u have reply to all....:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:
I had to get all the answers to the doubts I had the hard way, so now Iam just trying to make it easier for u guys whenever I get a chance.
Take care

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everybody,
I see our forum is growing everyday... Cool....! That way, we can keep conected and share our information and personal experiences with each other.
I've sended my application to NYu like a month ago...but unfortunately I didn't realize it was incomplete until later this month. I've sended the rest of the information but it seems they haven't recieved it yet..... so they haven't reviewed my file yet... I was wondering what do you think about my possibilities for next year......
Also, the people at the admissions office is pretty annoying...everytime I call they treat me as if they were doing me a favor....
Any way... Good luck to all.....
and enjoy your weekend... Paola:)

Originally posted by paoimach

Hi Paoimach,

The admissions office has a huge load of applicants.i had also similar experience at NYU.But i think just be persistent with e-mails and phone calls,see that you get an interview call.:eek: :clap:

Hi esr!
Thank you for encouraging me.... To be honest, I just sended my application to NYU because I thought I should try..but since my boards scores are so low.... 81 in Part I and II.. I don't actually think they'll call me for an interview.... will see.
I'll call right now to NYU to make sure they have my papers complete.....
Thanks again....
Paola

Hi All,
I am new to this forum and have gone through each of the posted messages here. Great to be part of such a knowledgeable and intelligent source of info. I am going for the NBDE Part1 exam. Have the following questions :

1) Is there a concept like " It is easy to score high in July/Decmber exams vis a vis the other ?.

2) Normally any idea on how much percentage of correct answers will lead to what percentile ( A Very rough idea !!)?.

3) Also what study material is right to go through in order to maximize the score with shortened preparation time?.

Thank you all.

Hi All,
I am an Indian Dentist, I plan to sit for my ndb Part 1 in july.I plan to go the states for my exam only in may so till then i will be preparing for the exam from india. I graduated this year in February and have been working with a private dentist since then.
I need some help regarding study material for the part 1. As of now i have the dental decks and a question bank..which have questions from 95 to 97. Is that sufficient?

Should i get some other study material?
apart from this Kaplan has centres here for ndb coaching...and since i have time i was wondering if i should join them. Has anyone taken the course , and is it any good?

Should i write the part 2 also? if so when?

help!!
:confused:

BUMP

Old, but extremely informative thread. You should read trough it.

No although they may be useful, I think you should try to get more old question papers. Dental Decks should be in addition to reading regular stuff. They are good for brushing up on stuff but do not do the trick if that s all you are reading.
saravs

hai to all..what happened that, no one is posting any messages to this forum now..?? please keep this forum alive....!!!!!!!!

dr_hannibal said:
thanx a lot for that. your upenn interview is gonna stretch upto 4 PM. You'd be better off takin a flight from philadelphia to boston if there is any.

congratulations for geeting interview call form penn .How much score did you get in part 1 and part 2.
what is your gpa?

hi,

i too have the same prob. i have given part 1, have not yet started to apply. actually i was looking for some samples of "the statement of purpose"
can u help me ?

sejal

Hi Rafael Costa Guerra,

Thanks for your thread.It's pretty interesting.There is another world for IDP's.I want to know more about forensic dentistry and other opertunities also.Can you give more deatils of it..

I wanted to know where we can find that kind of jobs ,requirements for it and pay etc...It will be helpful to stand on our legs up to we get admitt in d.d.s.. I appreciate u r help. thank you. have a nice day.

PLz can u tell can we get loans to go to dental school with out Co-signer.If we have our good credit history any banks are ready to give loans for us?

hi people.

I have a very very naive question for you all, but i would really appreciate help.

i am an international dental student and will complete my graduation in dec 2005. I know that to practice dentistry in the us, you need a license. I also understand that licensure requirements may vary from state to state.

Now, my question is, what is the minimum EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT for licensure for most states ? (please give different answers for diff. states if possible). Do you have to do a DMD / DDS equivalent course - i mean something like an advanced standing course? or can you get away by doing a two year speciality course?

please understand that i am very new to these discussions........

i am currently in my native country, but have family in the us that can call you to ask specific questions if you allow.

d babe said:
hi people.

I have a very very naive question for you all, but i would really appreciate help.

i am an international dental student and will complete my graduation in dec 2005. I know that to practice dentistry in the us, you need a license. I also understand that licensure requirements may vary from state to state.

Now, my question is, what is the minimum EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT for licensure for most states ? (please give different answers for diff. states if possible). Do you have to do a DMD / DDS equivalent course - i mean something like an advanced standing course? or can you get away by doing a two year speciality course?

please understand that i am very new to these discussions........

i am currently in my native country, but have family in the us that can call you to ask specific questions if you allow.

All the answers in www.ada.org
Happy reading :luck:

hi guys.can anyone tell me where ot find a detailed syllabus for part 1.and also do lemme know that do all th colleges here in u.s take a practical test(the so called interview)if u apply on the score of part 1??????

hi.i have another question....
how long after givin the exam,does the result come out,and after how long can u apply to a uni.in short if someone could tell me generally how long does it take to get into a dental school if i give my part 1 in december(presuming i get a gud score :D )plz reply to [email protected]
p.s:i really need this info fast

dentaldoc said:
All the answers in www.ada.org
Happy reading :luck:
hi dental doc.
Thanks for the reference.

I already had read the document, but i still have doubts. do states like new york and illinois consider the 2 yrs advanced training courses (lets say in ortho) as adequate for licensure for foreign docs. (I am not talking about advanced standing courses).

d babe said:
hi dental doc.
Thanks for the reference.

I already had read the document, but i still have doubts. do states like new york and illinois consider the 2 yrs advanced training courses (lets say in ortho) as adequate for licensure for foreign docs. (I am not talking about advanced standing courses).

No..I don't think east coast states will let us practice without a DDS/DMD degree...
There are few "nice" states in US which will let us practice with any two year accredited programs and I think one among them is illinois..

dentaldoc said:
No..I don't think east coast states will let us practice without a DDS/DMD degree...
There are few "nice" states in US which will let us practice with any two year accredited programs and I think one among them is illinois..

hi dental doc, i stay in illinois,i just got my nbde 1 scores-83, cd u pls tell me..which accredited prog in illinois were u referring to...i wd like to try..nd also m i already late to apply?
i m yet to appear for toefl n have not done the gpa stuff...which i now understand r requisites to apply.
also,do i stand a chance to apply to other coll like bu , tufts, nyu or u penn or ny other.. for year 2005.
pls advise. thanx in advance, mita.