adversity essay topic help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lizbrown1

Reaction score
Hi, there--

three options, looking for opinions. Thank you in advance for your thoughts and comments!

first: switching from pre-vet to pre-med, disrupting my entire life plan up until that point, taking gap years to make up for having no clinical experience, having a mom who asked me (and STILL asks me, 2 years later) if I'm sure-- fairly certain she would love love love it if I switched back rn tbh.

second: loving to cook and being part of a big foodie family, then having a dad with esophageal cancer (last year) and a sister with anorexia nervosa (when I was in HS like 6 years ago), dealing with the scariness of serious illness and not being able to care for people in the way I know how (making them comfort foods).

three: dealing with a fraught roommate situation junior year of college, in which I ended up being the mediator at all times, the toll it took on my friendships and how we recovered/didn't recover from it.

leaning towards 1 or 2 (2 is partially in my diversity essay, 1 in my time-off/gap year essays, but can write those differently)

Members don't see this ad.