Advice about when to take the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DentAK907

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am planning on submitting my application at the beginning of June, but I have not had much time to study for the DAT due to a heavy course load this semester. I am looking at taking the DAT on June 20th. I will be studying full time from April 26th until I take it. Will that give me enough time to be prepared without adversely effecting my application? I have a strong GPA and a moderate amount of shadowing and service.

Thanks.
 
If you take your study seriously 8hrs or more/day, then IMHO that is more than enough to get decent to high scores on the DAT. And June is still pretty early.