Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
...and I think the majority of med students would agree with me. those who think otherwise went to med school for all the wrong reasons and those who complain about being a third year have very little perspective. you've got to start somewhere and in clinical medicine the learning curve is very steep so yes, there will be a lot of standing around and not knowing what's going on and various people not including you but it's up to you to try to learn something from every situation.
Well I thought 3rd year sucked. I don't know why anyone would enjoy essentially starting a new job every few weeks for an entire year. Add overworked residents as your boss and a very subjective grading system it is a recipe for an no fun experience.
Now, being done with 3rd year and knowing the basics of medicine is pretty cool.
Last edited: