Advice for applying to SMDEP - apply now and send transcripts later?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shindotp

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this thread is a little specific.

I'm applying to the summer medical and dental education program (SMDEP) and I was wondering if I should submit my application now and send in the transcript after my first semester is over (not until late January), or should I wait and then send everything at once?

Also, do I need to submit an official Collegeboard copy of my test scores, my high school transcript, and a transcript from all of the colleges I've attended (I went to a CC during high school)?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone out there with a similar dilemma?

I'm trying to remember what I did, but I believe I submitted my application on the earliest day, before the transcripts from first semester was over. I think you would have to submit your transcripts from community college. They didn't ask for an official copy of my ACT scores, but they did want to know the exact date that I had taken it on, which was hard to find since ACT didn't want to tell me. I think the earlier you can submit it the better off that you are though, make sure that you don't only apply to the most prestigious programs though or you probably won't get into any of them. Someone correct me if any of this is wrong, I did it two years ago, and I just don't really remember all of the little details.

Members don't see this ad :)
doesnt matter.
& i don't think you need hs transcript.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot guys.