Advice for explaining a failing grade??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Namexxx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on explaining a failing grade so as to let a school know that it won't happen again. The truth is the grade came at a time when I simply lacked the effort I needed to succeed. Past semesters of trying hard and getting no where plus an exhausting summer job immediately prior to that bad semester just really made me not even want to be in school anymore. Once that nasty grade appeared on my transcript, I snapped out of it and made a dramatic change; I also simultaneously snagged a great internship that gave me some more hope. This is the truth, but I'm not so sure that schools will want to hear that I plain and simply did not want to be in school that semester. Anyone have any advice/ in similar situation? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Personally I would try to point towards the positives. Yes it happened but look at what I have accomplished since. For example the last 40 credit hours aftewards I received a whatever GPA while being focused towards pharmacy with an internship etc. I can't imagine they want to hear just a lame excuse with nothing else.