Advice for getting off hold...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nrm07

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I am currently finishing up my undergrad at FSU and applied ED to FSU.. When going through the interview process, I was awaiting my second MCAT scores, so all they saw was my poor 24M. I was put on hold, I believe due to my MCAT score and my extracurricular's are not the greatest...

Two days after I was put on hold, I received my new score of 28P (which happens to be their avg matriculated score), and since then I have been desperately trying to get one or two good extracurricular opportunities. I am going through training on Wednesday to volunteer with Alzheimer's project of Tallahassee, and am trying to volunteer at the local free clinic (I have been calling about every other day and haven't been given an affirmative answer).

So here's my question... How should I go about updating the school with new information? and also should I wait until I hear whether or not I can volunteer at the clinic?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Schools vary, so contact the school directly and ask how they prefer to be updated.

Updates are reserved for significant additions, and I think that your new ECs and MCAT score would fit that criteria. I would certainly wait to hear back an affirmative answer before updating the school. Maybe check out some other options in case that falls through.

If you do send in an update about your ECs, mention your new MCAT score too. Schools automatically receive the new scores, so I don't think sending an update with just a new MCAT will do much (correct me someone if I am wrong, I am not certain about this).

Wait to get some ECs, then send in an update in the format that the school prefers.

Okay that is exactly how I feel. I have been waiting to make sure all my EC's are going to come through, then I will send everyone an email updating them I suppose... I am now just wondering how long do I wait on the free clinic, I have been in contact with one lady for 2 weeks now and hasn't given me an answer and says to just call back.. So I call back when she says to and leave V-mails that she never returns, ugh...