Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

advice for grade update

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by yowhatup, Dec 16, 2008.

1. yowhatup

Removed

a med school has asked me to send my updated transcript..... should i fax it in or mail it in?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. aznb0y129

aznb0y129 Oh hamburgers!
    7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    I would have your school send an official copy of your transcript directly to the institution. Those are usually sealed so you can't look at them (which you would have to if you were faxing it).

4. RevivedPreMed

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I would fax an unofficial so that they get it right away but follow it with an official one through the mail. Let them know you are sending one through the mail as well. This is good because if the mailed one doesn't make it for some reason at least they have the unofficial in the mean time while you get another one sent out.

5. njbmd

njbmd Guest
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Attending Physician

Nothing that comes directly from you is going to be acceptable. The above advice from RevivedPreMed is a sound way to do this. Just be sure that your unofficial transcript (that you are sending for expedience) is exactly the same as your official transcript that will come from your registrar's office meaning that there are no marks on it at all. In truth, no medical school is going to make any decisions based on an unofficial transcript. Start contacting your registrar right away as you don't want things delayed.

6. Decicco

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Just call and ask them and they will tell you what to do.