advice for grade update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yowhatup

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
a med school has asked me to send my updated transcript..... should i fax it in or mail it in?

Members don't see this ad.

a med school has asked me to send my updated transcript..... should i fax it in or mail it in?

I would have your school send an official copy of your transcript directly to the institution. Those are usually sealed so you can't look at them (which you would have to if you were faxing it).

I would fax an unofficial so that they get it right away but follow it with an official one through the mail. Let them know you are sending one through the mail as well. This is good because if the mailed one doesn't make it for some reason at least they have the unofficial in the mean time while you get another one sent out.

Members don't see this ad :)

I would fax an unofficial so that they get it right away but follow it with an official one through the mail. Let them know you are sending one through the mail as well. This is good because if the mailed one doesn't make it for some reason at least they have the unofficial in the mean time while you get another one sent out.

Nothing that comes directly from you is going to be acceptable. The above advice from RevivedPreMed is a sound way to do this. Just be sure that your unofficial transcript (that you are sending for expedience) is exactly the same as your official transcript that will come from your registrar's office meaning that there are no marks on it at all. In truth, no medical school is going to make any decisions based on an unofficial transcript. Start contacting your registrar right away as you don't want things delayed.

Just call and ask them and they will tell you what to do.