advice for nbde part 2 please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dental1451

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is dental decks and the dental mastery app enough for part 2 nbde? I have read the endo, patient management, and oral surgery sections in mosby. Not sure if I should read all the other sections in mosby ?? Kinda freaking out... exam is in 2 weeks

Members don't see this ad.

Is dental decks and the dental mastery app enough for part 2 nbde? I have read the endo, patient management, and oral surgery sections in mosby. Not sure if I should read all the other sections in mosby ?? Kinda freaking out... exam is in 2 weeks
I personally think the app alone is enough. I did about half of it and was fine.

Reactions: 1 user

First off, chill. Freaking out will ruin your focus. You've worked your ass off to get this far. You're getting there!

The app is really good because it uses old questions and it keeps you on your toes. Also, beware that it has plenty of mistakes that you may have already noticed. I was constantly contacting them about incorrect answers, but it also reminds you of things that you have to brush up on!

2 weeks away, you need to just focus on the things that you haven't fully grasped. Be sure to do plenty of practice questions. They may not appear in the exam, but the subjects that they're based on will.

A lot of my classmates passed part 2 just using the NBDE 2 mastery app. The ones who failed, got the app then re-took the exam and passed. Lots of my classmates said not to waste time on pharmacology details, but just know the basics like calculating epi, max doses for pedo, max doses for drugs commonly prescribed, contraindications, diabetes and blood thinner ranges.

Hope you passed!

Reactions: 1 user