Advice for premed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pmg065423

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do I get in to med school

Members don't see this ad.

To be honest I don't think any of the admission counseling companies are good and are frankly scams in my opinion. No one can guarantee you an acceptance and no one should claim to be a "master of admissions" or know what adcoms want. All adcoms are humans and have different ideas of what an ideal medical student. I just stay up to date on what AAMC says and school websites and ask people questions but that's it.

Only 3 things you need:

- Proof of academic aptitude (Bachelors or further ed. with high 3.XX GPA, solid MCAT)
- Proof of devotion of the career (Years of experience in healthcare, relevant research or both)
- A personality that adcoms discern via interview to be fitting to their student body

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Only 3 things you need:

- Proof of academic aptitude (Bachelors or further ed. with high 3.XX GPA, solid MCAT)
- Proof of devotion of the career (Years of experience in healthcare, relevant research or both)
- A personality that adcoms discern via interview to be fitting to their student body
I would add to this service to those who are less fortunate as an absolute must. Does not have to be related to the career necessarily.

Reactions: 3 users
“You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And you are the one who’ll decide where to go.”

You really need to provide more info. Your statement sounds so naive that I wonder if you’re a young high school student.

Tell us what your situation is. Age, year in school, GPA, state of residence, etc. Are you an American citizen?

Reactions: 1 user

1. Solid MCAT score
2. Good grades (ideally all A's, but some B's can be ok)
3. Strong letter of recommendation from a physician (ideally a well-known doctor that works at an academic institution)
4. A smattering of other things that show you are well-rounded, mature, and not a weirdo (e.g. volunteer experiences, sports/activities/artistic stuff, clubs/leadership roles, research/publications, work experiences/professional background, interests/hobbies completely unrelated to school)

Good luck!

~kristinakalilily on IG

Reactions: 1 user
Google is a great search engine

Reactions: 1 users