Advice needed 4 months out form step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thestapler123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ms2 here. I'm 4 months out. I recently took a cbse and barely passed and got a 196. I'm freaking out cuz my advisor said I should be worried at this point. I'm only avg in school sometimes below. Haven't started uworld cuz i plan to leave that during dedicated. Should I be worried at this point?

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, I think you’re fine. Getting a passing score on your first attempt is nothing to shake a stick at...I don’t believe I passed (or at least I received an extremely low score) the first diagnostic test I took months before the real deal. 4 months is a LONG time. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Ms2 here. I'm 4 months out. I recently took a cbse and barely passed and got a 196. I'm freaking out cuz my advisor said I should be worried at this point. I'm only avg in school sometimes below. Haven't started uworld cuz i plan to leave that during dedicated. Should I be worried at this point?
You’re totally fine. The big thing is don’t let this get in your head and mess you up over the next 4 months. Keep working and motivated.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You're totally fine. Just know you need to grind for the next 4 months. I have a friend whose diagnostic was about that at the beginning of an 8 week dedicated period, he ended up scoring 243. Hit your weaknesses hard, and hit UFAP like your life depends on it.

Reactions: 1 user
Your advisor said you should be worried? lmao Wth kind of advisor is employed at your school. Its 4 months out from the test do you realize how much you can bump your score until your exam? Many people do terrible that far out on practice exams. If you approach Qbanks correctly and rep UFAPS hard you can still destroy step 1 you still have a considerable amount of time. Yeah Step is a beast but you have the time to grind do not worry

Pretty sure that was around my first cbse score. I turned out fine.

Our school found that higher STEP scores are HIGHLY correlated with number of Qbank questions completed and reviewed.

The key is doing questions and interpreting the results of your question bank. Not only does this prepare you for the pace of test questions, but it gives you an objective assessment of the categories you are weakest in.

Do questions, study your weakest sections, repeat.