ADVICE NEEDED regarding mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MSUmedicine

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have taken the mcat three time and have been less than successful. It seems as though I have trouble in general with standardized testing-I struggled some with the SAT and ACT. I am wondering if anyone has advice for improving standardized testing. I have done really well in school-biological engineering program and I also am about to have my master's. I do really well in the classroom and have had trouble translating my knowledge when taking a standardized exam---help??

Members don't see this ad.

I have taken the mcat three time and have been less than successful. It seems as though I have trouble in general with standardized testing-I struggled some with the SAT and ACT. I am wondering if anyone has advice for improving standardized testing. I have done really well in school-biological engineering program and I also am about to have my master's. I do really well in the classroom and have had trouble translating my knowledge when taking a standardized exam---help??
If you've covered all the concepts and are comfortable with them and are still doing poorly, that means you need practice, meaning lots of practice questions and tests.

Not only this, but a thorough review of all questions to see where you go wrong and right.

practice is right, I have just now, after thousands of verbal question from AAMC, EK, and GS started cracking that section. I am now getting into the 33-34 question range which is should be around an 11-12. I really did not think i was going to get to this point, but it finally happened and it is because of all the practice i have been doing.