Advice on grades, etc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Stop letting your family ruin things for you.

Yes, you can salvage your GPA, since it's still early in the game, but please put more effort into your learning and less into taking care of family matters.

Unless, of course, your family is more important than medicine.

Then God help you.
 
I feel like your grades will be fine as long as you put in more effort. Absolutely don't drop French if u can manage to take it, I agree that it will be looked at unfavorably. Remember you can always explain your change of major and family and medical problems on AMCAS.

I think what's most important is that you show your grades were really a result of your family situation. That means improving your performance in your classes and doing well on the MCAT.