Advice on Midwestern U-Chicago Mandatory candidate visit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dawgg912

jbhnguyen
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm flying to chicago sunday for the mandatory candidate visit on monday. I've looked over the interview feedback and still remain a bit confused on how to prepare if I need to prepare at all for this "madatory candidate visit". If any of you have gone in the past and would like to help me, that would be great. I've only got this "visit" and an interview for shenandoah on dec9 so far out of applying to like 17 schools so I want to make sure I do well on this one and then on the shenandoah one. Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know that you can really prepare for the mandatory visit. The only part they judge you by is the writing portion. Some of the topics don't even pertain to pharmacy, but are just regular questions. Mine was "What qualities do you look for in a best friend?" If you can, just brush up on your writing skills and maybe some current topics in pharmacy just to be safe. The rest of the visit is just lectures and opportunities to ask questions about the program- none of which you are evaluated in by the adcom. My mandatory visit was actually a year or two ago so you might want to check with the interview feedback to see if anything's changed.