Advice on summer classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rbrown1

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am currently a pre-dental student at a 4 year university and I am out of state. I want to take my Bio 1 lecture and lab requirement this summer to get it out of the way and save money but I want to make sure that this will not harm my admission into dental school. I would be taking the online class at another 4 year university so it will not be community college credit. However, I heard that dental schools are picky about pre requisites being done at another school, especially online, since it will be satisfactory/not satisfactory and my gpa does not transfer. I will be taking Bio 2 lecture/lab this fall if that makes a difference. Thank you guys!!

Members don't see this ad.

Pre-req done at another university = no problem
Pre-req done online = problem

Then again, in a post-COVID world this could be different; Call/email the schools you think about applying to and ask!

Reactions: 1 user
Pre-req done at another university = no problem
Pre-req done online = problem

Then again, in a post-COVID world this could be different; Call/email the schools you think about applying to and ask!

What if I took stats and a university required class at a community college?

Members don't see this ad :)
Never take a lab class online or a prerequisite online

I got my associates, I took bio 1 + 2 and Chem 1 at cc and was not looked down upon for doing so

So I am currently a pre-dental student at a 4 year university and I am out of state. I want to take my Bio 1 lecture and lab requirement this summer to get it out of the way and save money but I want to make sure that this will not harm my admission into dental school. I would be taking the online class at another 4 year university so it will not be community college credit. However, I heard that dental schools are picky about pre requisites being done at another school, especially online, since it will be satisfactory/not satisfactory and my gpa does not transfer. I will be taking Bio 2 lecture/lab this fall if that makes a difference. Thank you guys!!
Some of the time online classes don't show up on your transcript as being "online". I would try inquiring about this with the college.

It’s not as big of a deal as you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk