advice part 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymafia90

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
advice on being an interventional cardiologist and how it was like for you getting there and how it was like for you after reaching that goal, anyone on that path or have been on that path please answer.

Members don't see this ad.

Advice: As a pre-med don't ask stupid questions in the wrong forum. This forum isn't for pre-meds

Advice: As a pre-med don't ask stupid questions in the wrong forum. This forum isn't for pre-meds
ok sir, you've made your point the first time when you said "wtf" and "bs" in my other post, thank you for your "warm" welcome to this site, all my questions are perfectly fine, you were in my position one time.

Members don't see this ad :)
How on earth do you know you want to be an Interventional Cardiologist but have 0 knowledge on medical school or how residency works? I suggest maybe googling how to get into medical before you ask any more questions.

**** Fam take it easy! Yeah the whole UG part was funny, but you don't have to be a d*ck to OP.

Reactions: 1 user
How on earth do you know you want to be an Interventional Cardiologist but have 0 knowledge on medical school or how residency works? I suggest maybe googling how to get into medical before you ask any more questions.
"how on earth you want to be in the med field but have no knowledge about your major and have to go to school to gain knowledge about it" <- that's basically what i'm hearing from you right now, and its kind ridiculous. This is part of my research. I've already done a lot of googling when i was focusing on wanting to become an anesthesiologist, you're contradiction yourself, I'll just copy and paste something to help you gain the knowledge in this field -->well, i was really focusing on becoming an anesthesiology, then one day while doing some more research on anesthesiology and med school and on other question i have had that day, I founded this forum, and i bumped into a post where someone had asked a bouquet of questions, and one of them was " if you weren't an anesthesiologist what would you be" and someone answered "a cardiologist", and he/she went further on explaining how studying to become a cardiologist is a year or two more then studying to become an anesthesiologist. Then i thought to myself, i could do this, its not too late, then i started doing research on cardiologist, and now i cant get enough, and anesthesiologist and cardiologist are kind of connected in the workplace, and also i started to think about how doing this can help me help my family whenever they're having heart issues.

"how on earth you want to be in the med field but have no knowledge about your major and have to go to school to gain knowledge about it" <- that's basically what i'm hearing from you right now, and its kind ridiculous. This is part of my research. I've already done a lot of googling when i was focusing on wanting to become an anesthesiologist, you're contradiction yourself, I'll just copy and paste something to help you gain the knowledge in this field -->well, i was really focusing on becoming an anesthesiology, then one day while doing some more research on anesthesiology and med school and on other question i have had that day, I founded this forum, and i bumped into a post where someone had asked a bouquet of questions, and one of them was " if you weren't an anesthesiologist what would you be" and someone answered "a cardiologist", and he/she went further on explaining how studying to become a cardiologist is a year or two more then studying to become an anesthesiologist. Then i thought to myself, i could do this, its not too late, then i started doing research on cardiologist, and now i cant get enough, and anesthesiologist and cardiologist are kind of connected in the workplace, and also i started to think about how doing this can help me help my family whenever they're having heart issues.

First anesthesiology isn't anything like cardiology.. Second if you had googled so much you wouldn't have asked if you could do cardiology in undergrad seeing as this is literally the first thing that popped up:

http://www.gapmedics.com/blog/2014/03/07/how-to-become-a-cardiologist/

It took me 3 whole seconds to type in "how to become a cardiologist" and click on first link.

And third my first post was mostly telling you to learn about the process before you start telling people you want to be something like an interventional cardiologist, which sounds like you just found the term in the internet and thought it sounded cool, oh wait that is what you did. Your questions are ridiculous because you haven't asked one thing about medical school: how to get in, how does the process work, what is residency, etc. Start with those questions and you might start getting some adequate responses. I am genuinely trying to help you here, start with the basics and work up. Also if you really want to know what an interventional cardiologist does then shadow one and ask them. I doubt there are many posters on here that are IC's.

Ps. Like was stated above you won't be treating your own family members. The legal issues involved would be a nightmare.

First anesthesiology isn't anything like cardiology.. Second if you had googled so much you wouldn't have asked if you could do cardiology in undergrad seeing as this is literally the first thing that popped up:

http://www.gapmedics.com/blog/2014/03/07/how-to-become-a-cardiologist/

It took me 3 whole seconds to type in "how to become a cardiologist" and click on first link.

And third my first post was mostly telling you to learn about the process before you start telling people you want to be something like an interventional cardiologist, which sounds like you just found the term in the internet and thought it sounded cool, oh wait that is what you did. Your questions are ridiculous because you haven't asked one thing about medical school: how to get in, how does the process work, what is residency, etc. Start with those questions and you might start getting some adequate responses. I am genuinely trying to help you here, start with the basics and work up. Also if you really want to know what an interventional cardiologist does then shadow one and ask them. I doubt there are many posters on here that are IC's.

Ps. Like was stated above you won't be treating your own family members. The legal issues involved would be a nightmare.
no one said anesthesiologist was anything like cardiologist, who said that?copy and paste who said that because i know it wasn't me lol and term from the internet?? I've never asked if i could do cardiology as an undergraduate ,go back to the source and copy and paste what i said all together please. Everything I've typed as my response was out of my mind sweet cheeks, i copied and paste what I, jaymafia90, had posted on another forum, because i didn't have time to give you the attention you needed lol so i just copied and paste my own writing from another forum because i didn't feel like repeating myself to a guy that's not answering my question but instead is making assumptions of what i know and don't without asking me. Nothing in my response to you was a term founded on the internet, i don't need to ask, i already looked it up days ago!!I don't ask if i already know and there's already people on my forum that already asked those questions, I've found many threads on here for interventional cardiologist, you were obviously on the wrong forum if you didn't find any here :) try again. You're the second person that's not ok with treating family members, why? I'm not gonna go to every family member that i know, just a few, like 1-4 if need advice ill give it to them, im not gonna go treat them, just give them advice, thxs for the link, but i already knew most of whats being said on that site, you think you know how much i've looked up and you don't.

Medical School - 4 years.
Internal Medicine Residency - 3 years.
Cardiology Fellowship - 3 years.
Interventional sub-Fellowship

I was just wondering if i can do Internal medicine residency or cardiology fellowship while i'm a undergraduate student or while i'm in med school, or is it forbidden ?

You literally asked if you could do cardiology as an undergraduate student...

Reactions: 5 users
You literally asked if you could do cardiology as an undergraduate student...

I know a lot of people who do their residency as an undergrad. It saves them a lot of time that way when they are done with med school they can just practice right away. I did my gen surg residency while in undergrad. I'm hoping to get into medical school in 2017.....

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I know a lot of people who do their residency as an undergrad. It saves them a lot of time that way when they are done with med school they can just practice right away. I did my gen surg residency while in undergrad. I'm hoping to get into medical school in 2017.....
You...you can't get accepted into a residency program without a USMLE or COMLEX board score....which you can't get unless you're in medical school....what are you saying?? Also gen surg residency is 5 years, undergrad is 4...that doesn't even make numerical sense.

You...you can't get accepted into a residency program without a USMLE or COMLEX board score....which you can't get unless you're in medical school....what are you saying?? Also gen surg residency is 5 years, undergrad is 4...that doesn't even make numerical sense.

I think she was kidding

Reactions: 2 users
Kidding, kidding gosh. OP wasn't tho. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
so you're saying doing your cardiology fellowship is basically working as a cardiologist?
You're not fully autonomous as a fellow, you're still under the direct and indirect supervision of an attending depending on the tasks you are assigned for your attending's patients. More senior fellows have much more independence and responsibility than a brand new fellow.

You're not fully autonomous as a fellow, you're still under the direct and indirect supervision of an attending depending on the tasks you are assigned for your attending's patients. More senior fellows have much more independence and responsibility than a brand new fellow.
thank you, cristina yang wold have been proud

Everybody's just jackin' off the OP at this point, and I'm still laughing

You can to become cardiology or anesthesia in UG before you med school. definitely.

You can to become cardiology or anesthesia in UG before you med school. definitely.
OP didn't want to become an anesthesia though.. s/he wanted to become "an anesthesiology"

Don't mean to poke fun, OP, but when you come on here asking about things that you could easily Google, and then quickly get overly defensive, the troll bells start ringing and there's just about zero tolerance for disrespectful posts from you at that point.

And if you're not a troll, here's a bit of genuine advice: work on your English/grammar. No med school will consider taking you seriously if you don't make drastic improvements in your writing quality. Don't mean to sound harsh, but it's something that you'll need to hear eventually, and it's better sooner than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.