Advice Please!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DerekC415

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm a junior right now, I'm going to take the DAT in the summer, probably around July, which doesn't give me much room for error, since I'll need to have all of my all info in by then. Can I have ANY advice on where to begin to study??? I made mostly B grades in all of my pre-req sciences, and a LOT of the material has unfortunately left my brain. How would you recommend preparing? What are the best resources to study. I REALLY want to go to UCONN or TUFTS, what is going to get me in here!??? Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! I'm a junior right now, I'm going to take the DAT in the summer, probably around July, which doesn't give me much room for error, since I'll need to have all of my all info in by then. Can I have ANY advice on where to begin to study??? I made mostly B grades in all of my pre-req sciences, and a LOT of the material has unfortunately left my brain. How would you recommend preparing? What are the best resources to study. I REALLY want to go to UCONN or TUFTS, what is going to get me in here!??? Thanks!!

A really good DAT score. 21+. So study HARD.

The biggest key to study for the dat when you don't know where to start is... just start. It doesn't really matter where just start.

Like others have said, just start. You don't need all 1-2 months planned for the DAT studying when you start. When you go through the material you'll find that some stuff will take longer than you expect and some will go faster. I also felt like I didn't know how to start and I actually started by opening my campbell to a random chapter and started from there. As I read the chapters I realized other information that I wasn't very solid on when I took the course, things I couldn't remember very well, etc. and the studying expanded from there. I would say pick the section/subject you're most insecure on, and just open that textbook.

P.S. Make sure you start preparing the essay & rec letters now so you can submit your aadsas when you get out from school and concentrate on DAT for the rest of summer til july.

GL:luck:

The best tip that I can give is to set an actual test date. I just kept having a test date in my mind, and then kept checking that it was actually still available - but then it came and went. It wasn't until I actually made the test date that I felt really motivated.

Good luck!