This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

unpredictability

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I need help deciding where I should go to complete prerequisites for pharmacy school. My options are PBA and FAU.
PBA seems to be the more practical choice as I would go their for two years and then apply to their pharmacy school for four years.
With FAU, I would be going there to do prereqs and then applying to PBA's COP.
The problem is I want to go to FAU as it is more convenient, I would be avoiding having to do mandatory hours in a chapel (I don't mind but I'd rather not), and I feel drawn to it. If PBA is the better choice, however, I am willing to overlook the cons.

I was also wondering if it is mandatory to have at least two years of undergrad studies for pharmacy school. What if we got a bunch of credits in high school and would only need a year to finish prereqs?
 
Go to whichever one is cheaper. It's a long, expensive road to a PharmD, so you should try to minimize debt as much as possible along the way.