Advice: should I send an email about the waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cooperscastle

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! So I'm on the waitlist for MCPHS and apparently, they don't have "spots/numbers" on their waitlist. They just review everyone who is on the waitlist when a spot opens up. I would have to move from CA to Massachusetts and my lease ends in May. I've sent them a couple follow-up emails regarding more observation hours and things to support my application. I'm really trying to figure out the best choice right now because time is ticking and I need to know what my chances are. SO do you guys think I should send them an email and ask like what the odds are or how many spots they have?

Also, has anyone heard of someone getting accepted off the waitlist from MCPHS?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys! So I'm on the waitlist for MCPHS and apparently, they don't have "spots/numbers" on their waitlist. They just review everyone who is on the waitlist when a spot opens up. I would have to move from CA to Massachusetts and my lease ends in May. I've sent them a couple follow-up emails regarding more observation hours and things to support my application. I'm really trying to figure out the best choice right now because time is ticking and I need to know what my chances are. SO do you guys think I should send them an email and ask like what the odds are or how many spots they have?

Also, has anyone heard of someone getting accepted off the waitlist from MCPHS?

In my opinion, if you already sent them some follow up emails, I would just wait. I understand that whatever the status of your application is determines what happens to your situation, but you also do not want to be obnoxious either. The situation sucks and it may cause you to spend more money for your lease or what not, but I am sure there are thousands of applicants who would want to know about their status too (and I'm sure everyone has their own situation). That's just my opinion. I just wouldn't want you to sabotage your own chances you know?

i agree. everyone is in the same situation as you. if anything i would ask your apartment complex or who ever is in charge of your lease if you could possible go "Month- to -Month". this might be a little more money per month but if you explain your situation to them they are more likely to understand and do this. My apartment complex just sent me a letter asking me if i was going to renew and they need to know 60 days in advance. Obviously some of the schools i am waitlisted on start in the summer and i won't know until classes start if i will get pulled or not. Therefore, I plan on doing month to month until I hear back from all my schools// the school starts.