Advice to anyone who gets into medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had stats worse than you and I'm not struggling...you have no idea what people's mindsets, abilities, or outside lives are. We all can't be god's gift to the world like you but we try our best. Peace

Its sarcasm,
Quoting her post here
"If you think there is little to understand about medicine, I think you're going about your studies the wrong way. There is a lot to memorize, but I think you also need to understand how everything comes together. If you're just focused on straight up memorizing, I don't think you'll get far.

I've seen many of your posts on SDN, and you seem to really be struggling. Medicine may have never been the right career path for you, but don't make it seem like doomsday to other people. I know many happy med students who have a work/life balance, and although they admit it is hard, they don't feel like they are going to explode under the pressure. You seem to be struggling with some serious depression, and I think you should seek counseling and consider either dropping out of school or taking a leave of absence."

Again, youre talking to someone with an A in two core classes and a C in anatomy. Am I actually struggling to pass? No. Do I hate every day of studying yes.
Your performance in medical school largely depends on your course load, and your professor. If you have an anatomy professor who refuses to provide notes, requires you to read the text, and will test you on minuta from 400 pages of text, chances are you will have a mild struggle getting through that class too.

Members don't see this ad.

Its sarcasm,
Quoting her post here
"If you think there is little to understand about medicine, I think you're going about your studies the wrong way. There is a lot to memorize, but I think you also need to understand how everything comes together. If you're just focused on straight up memorizing, I don't think you'll get far.

I've seen many of your posts on SDN, and you seem to really be struggling. Medicine may have never been the right career path for you, but don't make it seem like doomsday to other people. I know many happy med students who have a work/life balance, and although they admit it is hard, they don't feel like they are going to explode under the pressure. You seem to be struggling with some serious depression, and I think you should seek counseling and consider either dropping out of school or taking a leave of absence."

Again, youre talking to someone with an A in two core classes and a C in anatomy. Am I actually struggling to pass? No. Do I hate every day of studying yes.
Your performance in medical school largely depends on your course load, and your professor. If you have an anatomy professor who refuses to provide notes, requires you to read the text, and will test you on minuta from 400 pages of text, chances are you will have a mild struggle getting through that class too.
You forgot to quote my next post, where I apologized if I came off the wrong way and that I didn't mean to offend you. Oops ;)

If you have an anatomy professor who refuses to provide notes, requires you to read the text, and will test you on minuta from 400 pages of text, chances are you will have a mild struggle getting through that class too.

oh my god. this is medical school bro. you don't get spoon fed everything. i'm out. this is insane.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You forgot to quote my next post, where I apologized if I came off the wrong way and that I didn't mean to offend you. Oops ;)

Sure just go around saying im an idiot pretty straight forward then saying sorry when I call you out on it.

oh my god. this is medical school bro. you don't get spoon fed everything. i'm out. this is insane.

If we were required to read the textbook we would never have any time to learn anything.
I dont think I know of any other DO schools where the professor doesnt lecture AT ALL for anatomy and says our lecture can be used to dissect
Further its pretty rare to have your dissection graded based on your skill in cutting

Sure just go around saying im an idiot pretty straight forward then saying sorry when I call you out on it.
Where did I call you an idiot?????

You're literally impossible to converse with. You're putting words in my mouth. I digress, and invite anyone to go back a page or two in here and read my 2 posts. They can judge for themselves. Goodbyeeeeee

Reactions: 3 users
I heard that good personal character, communication skills, and ability to listen and work with others is very important in residency. Can you comment on that? Is it possible to survive residency with opposite characteristics?

Reactions: 1 users
I heard that good personal character, communication skills, and ability to listen and work with others is very important in residency. Can you comment on that? Is it possible to survive residency with opposite characteristics?

I also heard that residency programs stick very hard to forum behavior when everyone is behind a screen and behaving like they normally do in person.

I also heard that residency programs stick very hard to forum behavior when everyone is behind a screen and behaving like they normally do in person.

"What do you do when no one is watching speaks volumes more than having observers".

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.