Advice: Waitlisted at Top Choice, accepted elsewhere

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tchotchke

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Howdy

I was fortunate enough to interview at my top choice (Albert Einstein) as well as some other great schools. To be honest, I don't want to be greedy as I have a LM of 70 and applied late (end of Sept) due to an MCAT second retake. I was accepted in early April to an amazing school and would be ecstatic to attend. I sent a letter of intent to AE a few days after I interviewed in March and was disappointed to learn I was waitlisted by AE early May. I am not on the high priority waitlist.
I have thousands of hours of research experience, great letters of rec, and a meaningful application package overall.

Any words of wisdom?

Thank you,

Tchotchke

Members don't see this ad.

IMG_4141.JPG

Reactions: 1 users
I'm literally scratching my head trying to figure out the purpose of this thread

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not familiar with AE, but if 'not high priority' is basically a 'probz not fam', then move on and get ready to start school elsewhere. :banana:

Reactions: 1 user
Howdy

I was fortunate enough to interview at my top choice (Albert Einstein) as well as some other great schools. To be honest, I don't want to be greedy as I have a LM of 70 and applied late (end of Sept) due to an MCAT second retake. I was accepted in early April to an amazing school and would be ecstatic to attend. I sent a letter of intent to AE a few days after I interviewed in March and was disappointed to learn I was waitlisted by AE early May. I am not on the high priority waitlist.
I have thousands of hours of research experience, great letters of rec, and a meaningful application package overall.

Any words of wisdom?

Thank you,

Tchotchke
Honestly I would move on. AECOM been acting like Georgetown admissions this year.

Reactions: 1 users
Rule 1: Take a Breath.

Other than waiting, what will do? there is no answer to give you other than wait. Schools can and do get last minute issue that opens a seat (usually students with loan or health issues) and if Einstein calls you 2 days before orientation starts, would you go?

Would another letter make a difference? If not, I'll just hope for the best and wait. Thank you @gonnif