Advice: Waitlisted at Top Choice, accepted elsewhere

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Tchotchke

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Howdy

I was fortunate enough to interview at my top choice (Albert Einstein) as well as some other great schools. To be honest, I don't want to be greedy as I have a LM of 70 and applied late (end of Sept) due to an MCAT second retake. I was accepted in early April to an amazing school and would be ecstatic to attend. I sent a letter of intent to AE a few days after I interviewed in March and was disappointed to learn I was waitlisted by AE early May. I am not on the high priority waitlist.
I have thousands of hours of research experience, great letters of rec, and a meaningful application package overall.

Any words of wisdom?

Thank you,

Tchotchke
 
IMG_4141.JPG
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not familiar with AE, but if 'not high priority' is basically a 'probz not fam', then move on and get ready to start school elsewhere. :banana:
 
Howdy

I was fortunate enough to interview at my top choice (Albert Einstein) as well as some other great schools. To be honest, I don't want to be greedy as I have a LM of 70 and applied late (end of Sept) due to an MCAT second retake. I was accepted in early April to an amazing school and would be ecstatic to attend. I sent a letter of intent to AE a few days after I interviewed in March and was disappointed to learn I was waitlisted by AE early May. I am not on the high priority waitlist.
I have thousands of hours of research experience, great letters of rec, and a meaningful application package overall.

Any words of wisdom?

Thank you,

Tchotchke
Honestly I would move on. AECOM been acting like Georgetown admissions this year.
 
Rule 1: Take a Breath.

Other than waiting, what will do? there is no answer to give you other than wait. Schools can and do get last minute issue that opens a seat (usually students with loan or health issues) and if Einstein calls you 2 days before orientation starts, would you go?

Would another letter make a difference? If not, I'll just hope for the best and wait. Thank you @gonnif