Advice

Started by saturnein
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

saturnein

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I am new to this board and to audiology (was accepted for Fall 2011). This past year I was in a masters program in SLP and I just finished my finals. As of now, I don't have a summer job and have pretty much nothing to do, so I figured I would prepare myself for my doctoral program by getting as involved as I can in the field. Any suggestions for things to read/activities to do/societies to join to give me a leg up and/or better prepare me to be an audiologist? I've already done observations and I am already a member of my state's ASHA chapter.

Thanks in advance!
 
Enjoy your summer off, my professional graduate school opinion.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
School orientation is usually a few day to a week before classes start, and program orientation I think maybe the day before classes start or maybe 2.