Advice...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

physasst

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
About me, practicing PA with over 20 years experience in healthcare.
I have an MS in Sports Medicine in addition to my Masters as a PA, and have also completed a research doctorate with a focus on Organizational Science/Behaviour (think applied research-systems/workforce/etc.)

2 years Neurosurgical spine
6 years Orthopedics (Adult reconstruction-lower extremity)
9 years EM

Lots of national leadership BS in both PA and health policy circles (BA in Economics), yada, yada, yada...

Main question is, I just accepted a position in PM&R working in a Spine Center. I think I have a lot I can contribute, but I always like to be prepared for everything.

What is the gold standard textbook, or resource for PM&R spine? Looking to complete some reading in advance, as I want to walk in as prepared as possible.

Any advice or suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

I have an MS in Sports Medicine in addition to my Masters as a PA, and have also completed a research doctorate with a focus on Organizational Science/Behaviour (think applied research-systems/workforce/etc.)

9 years EM

Lots of national leadership BS in both PA and health policy circles (BA in Economics), yada, yada, yada...

Main question is, I just accepted a position in PM&R working in a Spine Center. I think I have a lot I can contribute, but I always like to be prepared for everything.

What is the gold standard textbook, or resource for PM&R spine? Looking to complete some reading in advance, as I want to walk in as prepared as possible.

the big text books are heavy inpatient-focused and you wont get much out of them. best book so you know what you are talkign about in an INTERVENTIONAL spine center is probably the ISIS guidelines book seen here.

https://spinalinjection.site-ym.com/store/view_product.asp?id=906222&hhSearchTerms=guidelines

the rest you will learn on the job because practice patterns vary greatly from provider to provider.

9 years EM

Best would be the ISIS course this summer for allied health professionals, which is at the end of the main annual ISIS meeting.

http://www.spinalinjection.org/resource/resmgr/asm/preliminary_brochure.pdf

Plus you get 8 CME.