advices please!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asianbabigrl87

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what are the chances of getting accepted into a PT program with a BS in chemistry and 2.8 gpa?

Members don't see this ad.

i thought u were PrePharm... what happened?

The bachelors is great, the GPA will make things tough - you know this already.

I'd suggest talking directly to the program directors at the programs that you're interested in, and see what they say. You could take post-bac stuff to elevate the GPA, but it'll take tons of time and money to elevate a 2.8. I went to Utica College (upstate NY - for an OT degree, but PT is there too), and it's a small enough program that you might be able to talk to a faculty member directly to see his/her advice. Maybe a program around you would do the same.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

dc

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm still a pre-pharmacy student and i will be applying to pharmacy school this summer :) however, i'm just asking this question for a friend of mine

my advice is to:

1. apply anyways
2. keep taking those "core science" classes that he/she did bad in to bring up the very important pre-requisite GPA.
3. apply to lots of schools
4. don't give up.

It's hard to say say what the chances of getting in are, but some schools need at least a 3.0 to be even considered. However, that is not the case for all schools. Some schools "may consider" GPA lower than a 3.0

It just depends on the school, but a 2.8 is pretty low. My program wouldn't look at applications for GPAs under 3.0, and the lowest GPA of an accepted student the year my class started was a 3.4.