AECOM: Any difference between "Favorable Review" and Waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Loco Loki

The quick for you!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Aye, so I recived a "favorable review" from Einstein. Just wanted to know if:
1.) There was a different letter around that specificed waitlist, and that this (i.e. favorable review) is not the only letter given to waitlisted candidates
2.) If there are two different letters, and thus categories, what differences exist?

Thank you for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

i got the letter too.....i guess its just a top tier waitlist....i have no idea...anyone know? i just sent off my letter today...hope it does something! :oops:

Last year, I got the other letter about the waitlist. It did not say ANYTHING positive at all, just that they would be trimming the list down in the beginning of the summer. Early June I got a letter that said I was no longer on the list. If you are favorable review, they must not cut you at this point. So "favorable review" must mean you are ranked decently. Send a letter, be persistent and hope for the best I dont know how they do the list there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, considering there are two letters, that is good news for those that received the "favorable" at least. They wouldn't just make two different forms just because they can. However, just how significant it is, is up to debate. I sent a letter overnight express mail extoling the virtues of the school, never was so nervous about sending a letter...

In anycase, I've had a decent amount of contact with them, but this quarter my grades slid a bit (3.77 in fall --> 3.56 in winter, 24 units --> 18 units as well, oddly I do better with heavier loads). I was debating whether to include these grades in my update letter (which currently just contains new classes + activities). So, any advice on that as well is welcome.

Anyway, good luck to all who are in this ol' ballgame. Take care.

I'm curious if anyone has heard of the approximate number of students they "favorably review" vs. waitlist?

Beam me up, scotty!

(Bump)