AECOM News

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wends

Tigress in Training
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
how did accepted people hear? mail or email or both? its been 8 weeks since my interview and i still havent heard a thing!! :oops: i will die if its another waitlist!

Members don't see this ad.

hey, hey, hey... calm yourself... i heard exactly 4 weeks post interview by snail mail... after that i started getting emails too. you'll hear soon. don't worry!

regular mail here as well...any news on when we will hear about financial aid packages?

Members don't see this ad :)
i called and they said that a letter was sent out saying something about being put into a pile that will be selected in the next months.....is that a waitlist? dear god :oops: , why cant they just say its a waitlist? why congradulations on being favorably reviewed and placed on somewhere? :rolleyes:

wends said:
i called and they said that a letter was sent out saying something about being put into a pile that will be selected in the next months.....is that a waitlist? dear god :oops: , why cant they just say its a waitlist? why congradulations on being favorably reviewed and placed on somewhere? :rolleyes:
I dont think AECOM is still giving out straight acceptances. They are giving out 'favorably reviewed,' waitlist, or rejection letters. basically favorably reviewed means they want to accept you but they cant yet because they dont have space in their class. so its not a bad sign

really? thats an odd way to do things...........is the class full or something? then how is this diff than a waitlist? confused! :confused:

Gah, I interviewed Feb 2nd, and I've been calling every monday and friday the past three weeks. Finally, this monday, they said it was going under review. What the hell? Why did they take so bloody long! I know others who interviewed after me and got their results back (all were waitlisted BTW). And yeah, I have a feeling they filled their class a long time ago, so no hope but a waitlist. But again, why did it take so long for them to review my file, even after dogged persistence?

wends said:
really? thats an odd way to do things...........is the class full or something? then how is this diff than a waitlist? confused! :confused:

I suppose it's high priority vs low priority waitlist, because in spirit they are the same thing: waiting for people to jump ship so room for you is made.

When I interviewed in mid-March I was told that the wait between interview and notification is at least 8 weeks. Also, at that time they had already offered a class-full of acceptances. Remeber, AECOM interviews ~1500 and accepts ~400 for a class of ~180. That's a lot of apps for the adcom committe to sift through; it takes time.

when may 15th comes around and people start letting go of spaces, hopefully there will be plenty of waitlist movement... just be patient :)

I remember my student tourguide telling me that there is good movement on the favorably reviewed list. Essentially, they calculated based on previous years that you have a good shot of getting in.

Wends, would you pick Einstein over Jeff? I sure hope so becasue you seem like you would be a kicka$$ classmate :cool:

BTW, why are all the correspondences from Einstein looks like its from the 1950's? They all look like they are from a typewriter and their letterhead looks pretty dated too. What's funnier is that the pictures on their website regarding the student life has pictures that are clearly of students from the eighties or way early nineties. Funny stuff.

do you think if you just got the ordinary waitlist that you still have a shot? einstiein is my top choice, but i only got on the regular waitlist and not the favorable waitlist pool. a little disappointed cause i did the summer undergrad research program there last year, so i figured it would help.

oh well.

Uegis said:
Wends, would you pick Einstein over Jeff? I sure hope so becasue you seem like you would be a kicka$$ classmate :cool:

thanks Uegis! you sound like a cool classmate too! we could have a kick ass time in new york city bab! i'd consider going to einstein it very very heavily... i really liked einstein, im just not sure about the bronx.... and them stringing me along is annoying...i like the quickness of jeff....but i just dont want to have to choose after may 15th cause then i dont want to drop jefferson if i get into einstein, jeff has been so wonderful to me and it seems cruel do jump ship after the 15th..... :oops:

Haha. I am in the same boat as some of you. Favorably reviewed at einstein. Loved by Jefferson. I really liked jefferson and am going to the 2nd look weekend next week. I think Einstein filled the class early. Since they notify the first batch on January 15. I know some people interviewed before me and they got in. I interviewed on January 24 and am on the favorably reviewed waitlist. Did any one interview after me and get in? I am thinking they are just waiting for movement before taking us. They also asked for a letter of interest with the favorably reviewed letter.

lol scotchtape.....we're gonna have to compare notes soon! i cant make it to the second look at jeff :( :( exams and no dough! but let me know what you think! :)

hi everyone,

I interviewed Mid-March. I really thought that I was going to have a horrible time (I had visited AE on a previous occasion, and completely disliked it :( ). However, I had a truly wonderful time, and even made a friend in the process (another applicant, with whom I exchange my email address and telephone # @ the end of the day). I like all of the schools @ which I've interviewed, but Einstein has a special place :D

I have another 5 weeks left...Oh, the torture!

I wish everyone who's still waiting all the best :)

scotchtape said:
Haha. I am in the same boat as some of you. Favorably reviewed at einstein. Loved by Jefferson.
strange. i was interviewed right away by Einstein (invite rec'd in Nov - i'm an august mcat-er), and never heard from Jefferson! once i got into Einstein i ended up withdrawing from Jefferson... whatever! *throws up hands*

hey doc jolly! hopefully you will here good news!!! i'd really like to have classmates from sdn cause everyone here is really cool!

the jeff/einstein thing is kinda funny......guess you just cant predict anything! i'll just wait till may 15th to hear news and to decide! :p

please post what the second look was like please! :)

wends said:

Yup, I got the same thing.