Affects on pharmacy of Roe vs Wade being overturned -

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The entire point of repeatedly using the term has to be to offend, as far as I am able to tell.
I don't know that I'd agree here. I'm not sure how I feel about the term or how to discuss its appropriateness but we have representatives calling for things as dramatic as ending the separation of church and state. You can disagree with how Taliban-esque that is but I don't think you can say that the only intent can be to offend.

Members don't see this ad.

As much as I hate hearing about long timers getting banned on this forum…

This whole thing just gets me all sorts of type of ways about dx codes being used as some sort of proxy for indication.

For those hearing/figuring out operational approaches to limit any risk/liability in states where there’s now strict laws… how and what specific dx codes are you looking at…

As a hypothetical… can’t a patient be getting a misoprostol rx that has a diagnosis of like K25.9 on it who is also getting an ibuprofen 800mg… still be an intended abortion script… it seems a lot easier to use diagnosis when trying to affirm an rx is “appropriate” but when trying to mitigate risk related to being dispensed “inappropriately” (please bear with me on the use of inappropriate… I’m talking in terms of strict state regs) it’s not really a good proxy IMO. My long standing pet peeve of dx codes =/= indication continues to haunt me.

Out of curiosity, what would you consider offensive?

As for me, I am an atheist and a leftist. I doubt there is anyone on staff more sympathetic to your position than me. And even I see “Christian Taliban” as offensive. I don’t even know how to engage in a discussion on if that should be considered offensive. The entire point of repeatedly using the term has to be to offend, as far as I am able to tell.

I mean is the word Taliban offensive?

Christian Taliban means that you are calling someone a Christian version of the Taliban. Would radical Christian or Christian extremist be considered offensive? What about crusader?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Update on the Fed situation:

Except for the uniformed services, we're all going to the District to develop National Practice Authority independent of our state licenses. I've already sent in my harsh objections to this as medicine has long opposed national licensing and have the court track record to prove that our practice boundaries are of our license and not workplace, but if we get a national licensing process out of it, I won't complain. But the bluest states (NY, CA, MN) would have objections due to their more stringent policies (MN does not require anything mroe on the examination end, but they require much more thorough background checks that other states have only started to emulate). The only reason why the uniformed services do not need this is because they are conservative and Title 10 expressively forbids state interference on matters of national defense with respect to qualification or action.

Reactions: 1 users
I mean is the word Taliban offensive?

Christian Taliban means that you are calling someone a Christian version of the Taliban. Would radical Christian or Christian extremist be considered offensive? What about crusader?
The answer to your question is, yes the word Taliban as a pejorative in this context is offensive. I didn’t realize that was in question.

As for the rest of your questions, I would personally say no those terms are much less offensive but also it depends on context.

Do we really need to examine every possible version of what he said to parse out where exactly the line was and how he might have gotten away with being just offensive enough to fly under the radar? It’s tedious.

Do we really need to examine every possible version of what he said to parse out where exactly the line was and how he might have gotten away with being just offensive enough to fly under the radar? It’s tedious.

Yes.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Out of curiosity, what would you consider offensive?

As for me, I am an atheist and a leftist. I doubt there is anyone on staff more sympathetic to your position than me. And even I see “Christian Taliban” as offensive. I don’t even know how to engage in a discussion on if that should be considered offensive. The entire point of repeatedly using the term has to be to offend, as far as I am able to tell.

Sure, if your original point was actually to determine the intent behind repeatedly using the term

• Hmm
I am not actually sure that was my original point but I am curious how do you purpose we determine the intent?
Honestly I don't know that you truly can. But I guess I'd say the best you can do in gray areas is look at overall context of the members posts. One of those "I don't know how to definine it but I know it when I see it" situations. Naturally that would lead to disagreements.

Specifically here, the member seemed to be acting in good faith to me. The language that you determined to be offensive wasn't directed at any individuals here, didn't seem to be looking for an argument, etc. Plus they were a long term member that seemed to be positively contributing to other discussions.

Reactions: 3 users
Maudes should reverse decision. Maudes should allow Christian Taliban as a term to describe the current Christofascist movement in the United States. Don't want to be called Christian Taliban, don't do things a Christian version of the Taliban would do.

Every day it just gets worse on here.

Reactions: 4 users
We should refer to the mods as SDNban from now on.

• Haha
Inside vs outside? Inside can have the 4 blue ones LoL

Hey, as living in one of the 4 blue ones, I was hoping in the event of a civil war that my state would join up with Canada. At least the top half, realistically IL is half blue and half red, and the bottom half would definitely side up with the other insides.

Maudes should reverse decision. Maudes should allow Christian Taliban as a term to describe the current Christofascist movement in the United States. Don't want to be called Christian Taliban, don't do things a Christian version of the Taliban would do.

Every day it just gets worse on here.
agree 100%

The taliban is their actual name - and describing what the christian right is doing right now - is very similar, so it is an accurate description (PS- I am a Chrsitian and appaled at what a significant portion of the "Christians" in this country are doing)

that being said - I get that being a moderator is a thankless job that I don't want - haha

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
came here to see what other pharmacy professionals had to say of how this might impact our practice. mail order legalities, icd10 requirements, etc. turns out is nothing more than an echo chamber for liberals. not surprised. ill see my way out

• Haha
  • Angry
came here to see what other pharmacy professionals had to say of how this might impact our practice. mail order legalities, icd10 requirements, etc. turns out is nothing more than an echo chamber for liberals. not surprised. ill see my way out
This isn’t an airport. You don’t have to announce your departure. Bless your heart.

• Love
  • Haha
So talk about it then.

Reactions: 6 users
well due to the injunction right now everything is at a stand still. Corporate did send out a bunch of stuff we have to do if we get a rx that is known to induce abortion but that is on hold for right now. Ive emaild my BOP for guidance as well if and when the injunction is lifted to make sure all is being followed. But for right now, everything is on hold.

You'll be missed!

• Haha
People like to call other names so they can dismiss their opinions.
All opinions are welcomed here. At least that's what I believe. As is criticism of all opinions.

The poster should share their thoughts. And be prepared to defend them.

I see you logged on today (ya - I stalked ya profile) - so I guess you didn't see your way out?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
All opinions are welcomed here. At least that's what I believe. As is criticism of all opinions.

The poster should share their thoughts. And be prepared to defend them.

Except alpha's

• Sad