Affirmative Action - Med School Admis.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
visualwealth said:
Watch the movie or read the website... I really dont have time to respond to your stupid one-liners... If you are not going to watch it... Let us end our conversation here!

You don't have time or answers? I read the website. There is nothing particularly compelling there. It's just a list of statements. The sources are sparce and mostly consist of the author citing himself.

Members don't see this ad.

visualwealth said:
Wow!!! I can’t believe you survived being banned for such a savage statement.…

You are puzzled that I "survived being banned" because I told the truth about ante-bellum south in compassion to Africa of the same time period? From a guy that has been calling people savages and *****s?

visualwealth said:
You are an ill-mannered brute buddy!!

Oh, and brutes?

visualwealth said:
When you say “the truth of the matter is, they (referring to the slaves) had much better time here in American than they would have had in Africa” I wonder just how stupid you are??

You missed the point. Most of the "slaves" that were shipped out of Africa were slaves while they were in Africa. They weren't free, and they had abysmal life expectancies as slaves in Africa, and they definitely were never allowed to have any children while being a slave.. Africa has always been rife with tribalism, people that kill, hate, and enslave each other for seemingly no reason.

visualwealth said:
… Africa was better off without whites influence…Specifically,
Africa is in its current state not because of the black people that live there but, because of the invasion of it by whites and the Arabs… The Africans had a superior culture that was infiltrated by whites who came with nothing but negatives and BS.

You can't just say "Africa" is this that. There very distinct regions of Africa. The northern 1/3 to 1/4 of Africa has been home to entirely Caucasian population since pre-historia. Egyptians, Berbers, Pheonicians, Semites etc.

If you are referring to sub-Saharan Africa, which did not have much contact with any other non-African groups until colonialism, I'd still disagree with your assertion, primarily on the grounds that Europeans brought agriculture to such areas, and while the only reason they were there after slavery had ended was to find natural resources worth developing, they built the fundamental infrastructure in these countries. The vast majority of countries, save for those on the Ivory Coast, never really even had a European presence.

They bought technology, civilization, and agriculture to sub-Saharan Africa. Interestingly, only the colonies that had the most European contact are doing the best today. Those that had essentially none are still living in a stone age existence.

The Indians(real indians) had much longer, much more pervasive colonial period than any African country/colony. Yet look at them now. They have put shuttles into space, they have built their own nuclear weapons, and numerous other achievements.

visualwealth said:
They brought their diseases and filth and fu*cked up the continent… Look at all the hell whites have caused in the world… Stealing wealth from other countries, wiping out races etc... Don’t even get me started with such ignorant statements…

By large, the Africans that Europeans had close enough contact with where serious diseases could spread were already exposed to most of these diseases. The majority of the major disease on that side of the planet came by way of the middle east. Not that the diseases started there, but they fanned out from their due to the regions heavy contact with all the major areas of that side of the world: Africa, Europe, and Asia. It was nothing like the situation with the native Americans, a situation which could have been avoided if the Native Americans had avoided hunting several species of animals so vigorously.

In closing, I believe that everyone in this thread that has had to deal with you should report you for your abusive, racist, name-calling, profanity filled posts. This isn't your elementary school playground.

Members don't see this ad :)
riceman04 said:
Ok so all that you have provided me with are names of several ethnic grps that have supposedly been subjected to slavery. QUOTE]

You obviously did not read what I wrote. That was a list of groups, only the major ones mind you, that activley oppressed SLAVS, not that they were themsevles, although many of them were. Pleas READ before you go to the trouble of making an entirely pointless post.

visualwealth said:
this is from the movies website
False Myths about Africa

and here is the link.. Thank me later for making you much smarter!!
http://dickinsg.intrasun.tcnj.edu/films/basil/videos.html

Those ruins were most likely Solomon's mines. The video is surely talking about Great Zimbabwe. The supposed creators of the city said their ancestors were in fact from the middle-east. The kicker is that the group of Africans that claim this actually have the genetic markers unique to Semitic groups, particularly ethnic Jews. The also have many seemingly Judaism influenced customs, such as a Kosher diet.

Journey to the Vanished City: The Search for a Lost Tribe of Israel

Who are the strange Lemba people of Zimbabwe and South Africa? Are they indeed, as they claim, a lost biblical Jewish tribe directly descended from the Queen of Sheba and King Solomon? Or are they impostors, claiming to be Jewish merely to expedite a modern-day exodus to Israel, following a path undertaken by the Ethiopian Falasha Jews? These are the questions that noted historian Tudor Parfitt tackles in this absorbing narrative, Journey to the Vanished City. Tracing the origins of these self-proclaimed black Jews in compelling whodunit fashion, Parfitt searches for the fabled city of Sena, from which the Lemba claim to have come centuries before. As the story unfolds, it becomes clear that this is not merely an expedition through uncharted African territory, for the book takes on the aura of an epic journey through the terrain of myth. Along the way, the reader encounters fascinating stories of the Queen of Sheba, of long-lost Jewish kingdoms, of King Solomon's mines, and of Ophir, the legendary biblical land of gold. A compelling travel narrative in the best tradition of Paul Theroux and John McPhee, this is a work that through its controversial thesis is bound to generate public debate. Journey to the Vanished City opens up a new and exciting chapter in Jewish history. From The CriticsKirkus ReviewsA haunting history-cum-travelogue, as Parfitt (Hebrew & Jewish Studies/Univ. of London) sleuths out the claims of the Lemba of South Africa, a black people who believe themselves to be the legendary lost tribe of Israel. As Parfitt showed in The Thirteenth Gate (1987), scattered groups around the world claim, usually on little evidence, to be Jews (the Falasha of Ethiopia are the best-known example). The Lemba, too, insist that once they were white, rich, and free—a Hebrew tribe that traveled to Africa, built the ancient city of Great Zimbabwe, and then somehow became black, poor, and disenfranchised in South Africa. Why these claims, asks Parfitt? Is it because Jewishness is a "symbol of uniqueness or exclusivity"? Is it because the Lemba wish to emigrate to Israel? No clear answer emerges, but Parfitt's Africa is an unforgettable land of kooks, crooks, and dreamers. In an Afrikaaner stronghold in South Africa, he runs up against nasty white racism, and, in a black township, a professor in a lizard-infested house rants about his own genius while delivering salvos of Lemba lore. Meanwhile, Afrocentrists lash out at Parfitt for challenging Great Zimbabwe's black origins. Then it's on to Zimbabwe, where Parfitt eats fried ants and dances with naked revelers before being socked in the jaw as a friendly warning to keep his distance. A visit to Ian Smith, embittered ex-president of Rhodesia, does nothing to alleviate the dotty atmosphere. Finally, heading home, Parfitt is robbed twice by police, a fitting wrap-up to his bizarre journey. In an epilogue, the author springs a last surprise: perhaps the Lemba are not Jews, but Muslims who have forgotten Mohammed and the Koran, leaving aresidue of Judaic practice (fasting, circumcision) carried on to this day. Like Paul Theroux with a Ph.D.: the best in adventure-scholarship. (

Zuras said:
Those ruins were most likely Solomon's mines. The video is surely talking about Great Zimbabwe. The supposed creators of the city said their ancestors were in fact from the middle-east. The kicker is that the group of Africans that claim this actually have the genetic markers unique to Semitic groups, particularly ethnic Jews. The also have many seemingly Judaism influenced customs, such as a Kosher diet.

Journey to the Vanished City: The Search for a Lost Tribe of Israel

Who are the strange Lemba people of Zimbabwe and South Africa? Are they indeed, as they claim, a lost biblical Jewish tribe directly descended from the Queen of Sheba and King Solomon? Or are they impostors, claiming to be Jewish merely to expedite a modern-day exodus to Israel, following a path undertaken by the Ethiopian Falasha Jews? These are the questions that noted historian Tudor Parfitt tackles in this absorbing narrative, Journey to the Vanished City. Tracing the origins of these self-proclaimed black Jews in compelling whodunit fashion, Parfitt searches for the fabled city of Sena, from which the Lemba claim to have come centuries before. As the story unfolds, it becomes clear that this is not merely an expedition through uncharted African territory, for the book takes on the aura of an epic journey through the terrain of myth. Along the way, the reader encounters fascinating stories of the Queen of Sheba, of long-lost Jewish kingdoms, of King Solomon's mines, and of Ophir, the legendary biblical land of gold. A compelling travel narrative in the best tradition of Paul Theroux and John McPhee, this is a work that through its controversial thesis is bound to generate public debate. Journey to the Vanished City opens up a new and exciting chapter in Jewish history. From The CriticsKirkus ReviewsA haunting history-cum-travelogue, as Parfitt (Hebrew & Jewish Studies/Univ. of London) sleuths out the claims of the Lemba of South Africa, a black people who believe themselves to be the legendary lost tribe of Israel. As Parfitt showed in The Thirteenth Gate (1987), scattered groups around the world claim, usually on little evidence, to be Jews (the Falasha of Ethiopia are the best-known example). The Lemba, too, insist that once they were white, rich, and free—a Hebrew tribe that traveled to Africa, built the ancient city of Great Zimbabwe, and then somehow became black, poor, and disenfranchised in South Africa. Why these claims, asks Parfitt? Is it because Jewishness is a "symbol of uniqueness or exclusivity"? Is it because the Lemba wish to emigrate to Israel? No clear answer emerges, but Parfitt's Africa is an unforgettable land of kooks, crooks, and dreamers. In an Afrikaaner stronghold in South Africa, he runs up against nasty white racism, and, in a black township, a professor in a lizard-infested house rants about his own genius while delivering salvos of Lemba lore. Meanwhile, Afrocentrists lash out at Parfitt for challenging Great Zimbabwe's black origins. Then it's on to Zimbabwe, where Parfitt eats fried ants and dances with naked revelers before being socked in the jaw as a friendly warning to keep his distance. A visit to Ian Smith, embittered ex-president of Rhodesia, does nothing to alleviate the dotty atmosphere. Finally, heading home, Parfitt is robbed twice by police, a fitting wrap-up to his bizarre journey. In an epilogue, the author springs a last surprise: perhaps the Lemba are not Jews, but Muslims who have forgotten Mohammed and the Koran, leaving aresidue of Judaic practice (fasting, circumcision) carried on to this day. Like Paul Theroux with a Ph.D.: the best in adventure-scholarship. (

did you even read the website... :(

Your post is irrelevant and shows your incompetence and stupidity when it comes to issues surrounding Africa… Spare yourself the humiliation by ending your posts!!

topdogg82 said:
riceman to answer your question you have to look at the system in india- back when our parents were growing up, basically the only two choices for post-college that were considered for kids was either biology leading to medicine or engineering. everything else was looked down upon, so for indians, their perception of what constitutes 'success' has been defined by their parents from india who lived in this system. that is why so many indian parents really push their kids to go into one of these two fields. the only indians that differ from this view are the business ones, but for them business has been in their family blood for many generations spanning back to india (well known stereotype of patels as being a huge business network). so unless you're born into a business, indians almost always push their kids into medicine or engineering. of course, kids always have a choice ultimately to go against their parents, but there is a lot of social pressure within the indian community and even more put on by the parents to remain 'on line' and become a doctor/engineer. parents use the struggles of immigration to justify pushing their kids as in "we came all the way from india and sacrificed so much and worked hard to make a better life for you" so how is it too much to ask to make sure u join a good profession? of course, their definition of a 'good' profession is pretty narrow as aforementioned. basically no indian parent wants to have the 'kid who didnt become a doctor/engineer and "ruined" his/her life' by doing an average job so in this fear they push their kids toward these professions where they think failure is extremely unlikely relatively (doctors usually dont have to worry about being fired...). as future generations of indians become more 'americanized' i think you'll start seeing less of this and indians branch out into fields that you dont see them in now (ala TV and other media...) b/c they act more independently from their parents.

as for the 'unfair treatment' which u admitted to, we'll just have to agree to disagree i guess. IMO if someone is treated unfairly, and the difference is delineated by race, it constitutes racism (maybe not the worst kind but still a form of it).

Oh so that's why when the indians and pakistani's always put on South Asian Night & Diwali Night most of their skits were about them wanting to party and their parents getting on them for bringing home B's.
Damn that is rough!

visualwealth said:
did you even read the website... :(

Your post is irrelevant and shows your incompetence and stupidity when it comes to issues surrounding Africa… Spare yourself the humiliation by ending your posts!!

Au contraire,I read as much as I could stomach at that lie-filled nonsense you call a website.

ernieraisin said:
i volunteered at a homeless shelter tutoring children in east harlem (NYC) for a year. the kids there were predominantly black and hispanic kids. these kids simply did not have anything. for goodness sake, they didnt even have a stable home! and yet, some of the kids were determined to get out the housing, graduate high school and go onto college. they didnt have the resources that we all sometimes take for granted. how many of us took prep courses for ths SATs? how many of us had a decent house/apartment from where we could study? they were struggling to get accepted to a college...i doubt many were even thinking as far as med schools. by working with these kids, i realized that these kids need a chance to prove themselves in society. and the only way was through affirmative action. their grades were sub-par and who could blame them? they have bigger worries than the next history exam.

is AA 100% foolproof? of course not. just like ANYTHING in life, there will be those who take advantage of it and those who look down upon it. but unless youve witnessed what some of these kids go through, lets not throw stones. do kids who get in trough AA gain that much? they still have to prove themselves when they get into med schools. after all, we all have to pass some cutoff grade on our boards.

my opinion is that AAs can be a very good thing as it gives disadvantaged kids a chance. why should education be a privilege?

by the way, i am korean.

My sentiments exactly...

DokterGirl said:
My sentiments exactly...
I am going to pose my question again since the thread is more active
Seeing how this is discussing AA in terms of MEDICAL SCHOOL,

Should disadvantaged students who go to IVY's on full rides b/c of AA be able to benefit from AA for medical school?

A middle class person who loaned their way through their state school is more disadvantaged than the above.

And in response to you can do anything you want if you put your mind to it regardless of barriers, alright that is just plain stupid. Barriers innercity kids face against their rich white counterparts are too hard to overcome regardless of motivation. If you have to work to support yourself and your siblings as well as study for the mcat and take community colllege courses while Jimmy in surburbia is coming home to a healthy cooked meal and has a laptop computer inhis room he used to surf SDN and his parents have enrolled him in a princeton review course, who is going to most likely come out on top?
Those may be extreme cases to you, but it is reality.[/QUOTE]

Again, I agree. I'm sure if I had the things you mentioned, and didn't have a brother murdered in front of me, didn't have to take finals the day of his funeral, and didn't have to testify in 3 trials over 3 of my college years, I probably would have been more likely to get higher stats myself. But that's the hand I got dealt and I've busted my butt getting where I am and I'm sorry, but that deserves consideration when going up against someone whose stats are high and hasn't had to deal with any major problems like that. (sorry for the rant-again)

IgweEmeka said:
Actually as an African American who is getting in on his merit, I could care less if people think i got in on merit or not, my grades and success in med school would show for itself. I hope to be joined by my fellow african americans who may not necessarity be up to par, so that I can help out anyway i can to make them good and smarter doctors. Also, do you know of Dr. Ben Carson, read his biography. He wasnt the smartest of the bunch, but he sure came out on top.

I applaud your attitude and your excellent choice of an example. I highly recommend everyone read his autobiography

BrettBatchelor said:
I am going to pose my question again since the thread is more active
Seeing how this is discussing AA in terms of MEDICAL SCHOOL,

Should disadvantaged students who go to IVY's on full rides b/c of AA be able to benefit from AA for medical school?

A middle class person who loaned their way through their state school is more disadvantaged than the above.

this is a good question and I think the decision would at least in part have to look at whether or not there were still overwhelming issues while attending the school (extreme cases where the person is raising their brothers and sisters or something like that).

Members don't see this ad :)
I am so sick of debating AA... lol! let the thread die... It is worthless to debate it over the internet b/c people talk out of their a$$ 90 percent of the time... I will go on the record and say that there were interesting points raised on both sides and, it is an issue that needs to be debated... Also, the issue is very complex and will def not be solved on a SDN...

DokterGirl said:
this is a good question and I think the decision would at least in part have to look at whether or not there were still overwhelming issues while attending the school (extreme cases where the person is raising their brothers and sisters or something like that).
Those circumstances seem pretty irrelevant since people in college could have kids of their own. Doesn't seem too out of the ordinary

xSTALLiONx said:
Moving away from racism and more to "poverty"/disadvantaged..
blaming poor conditions for not rising out of poverty is ******ed... The whole country was in a state of poverty during the stock market collapses and yet they worked hard to get ahead..
Just driving to the ghettos shows that a lot of people are just HANGING out.. no matter what.. HANGING OUT will not turn into anything good.. Try reading a HTML book and learning to make websites.. Teach yourself something.. What no computers? Why do you have the latest clothes, a Sidekick II, a cell phone, etc.. Mismanagement of money... Invest in YOURSELF :thumbup:

Millions people have rise out of poverty to never look back.. Many rich have squandered away their lives due to drugs, alcohol, etc.. and are in poverty.. it's a huge game.. Get ahead.. Teach your kids to get ahead.. and so on.. and you might be a rockafella or kennedy or bush :eek: one day..

its time you had some pride and worked to have AA shot down so that you can get in on your own merits. i know i would if it applied to indians and asians, it would be shameful. and why doesnt apply to them, theyre minorities as well? AA breeds racism. MLK himself even said, dont judge based on color of skin but content of character/app.

In my instance I'm a third generation citizen, my grandparents who raised me only got through high school, and I'm the first person in my family EVER to go to college in any way, shape, or form. I also went to a high school where I wasn't even approached for college advising. So you tell me, should I suffer because I didn't know ANYTHING about the process since there was no one around to help me, or should that be considered just a tiny little bit? I don't know where you're from, but in my neighboorhood I'm one of few who even made it to the end of high school let alone college, and it does indeed have to do just tad with my low-income, poor neighboorhood background.

mochief2000 said:
dam i got to go to med school with these people.
look here, what is the complaint, WHITE PEOPLE in med schools make up like 90% specially texas(my home state). Your mad because 4-5 black people got in. Damn, now thats ****ed up. Share the wealth man.
i think everybody is missing the point.

1. every race has poor people
2. Not every black has poor scores
3. Not only blacks are considered URM
4. Not every white is racist if doesn't agree with AA(just not understanding)
5. there has never been a 100% agreement on this issue
6. Most whites who don't like AA have not been around much blacks
7. Most blacks that think AA has no faults have not been around much whites

I like AA (I know am a ass for liking it) because it gives hope to the black community. most black men want to be rappers and entertainers not college graduates because they see more thugs gettin rich off this than they see doctors, lawyer etc(trust me I KNOW). Increasing the number of blacks role models like these doctors will change the society for the best. My role model was BEN CARSON who gave me hope like so many other black people. This to me is the point of AA. Everything else is stupid, sterotypical or just insane ...some of your ideas on AA are just amazing.

I agree with your comments, but for someone who (FINALLY) states #3, the only minority you've mentioned is blacks. I don't know if this is because it is your background, but you just seem to focus there like everyone else- I say this because for the most part when someone talks about AA they refer to blacks. Something to keep in mind: for those 4-5 blacks who get in, except for geographical areas where it is almost statistically impossible not to have a few more, Mexicans/Latinos number 0-2.

Shredder said:
ill never dispute that ive had a fortunate life, but i shouldnt be punished for it. in fact my family was once on the brink of welfare but worked its way up by the time i was born. and that was w/o aa, so i know the value of hard work and meritocracy.

urms end up in a higher percentage in undesirable areas because, since they were not as highly qualified to get into schools in the first place, they end up doing worse there and on the board exams, which leads to undesirable areas. not bc they have stellar credentials yet choose to be there.

mochief2000, okay then just a contract that binds you to practice in an underserved area, as all urms and many premeds claim to dream of.

you need to note that not ALL urms are not as high qualified (and as highly qualified as who by the way?), do not all do worse in med school, and do not all do worse on boards. Your post also seems to read that doctors in "undesirable" areas are marginally, if at all, qualified. There are quite a few high qualified doctors who are in the so-called undesirable areas because those are the people they choose to help- not because they didn't meet your high standards of medicine.

visualwealth said:
I am so sick of debating AA... lol! let the thread die... It is worthless to debate it over the internet b/c people talk out of their a$$ 90 percent of the time... I will go on the record and say that there were interesting points raised on both sides and, it is an issue that needs to be debated... Also, the issue is very complex and will def not be solved on a SDN...

I'm not trying to solve anything. If I choose to respond to comments and speak my mind that's my business. If you're so tired of debating, stop coming to the thread, stop reading it, and stop posting.

visualwealth said:

I'm not trying to solve anything. If I choose to respond to comments and speak my mind that's my business. If you're so tired of debating, stop coming to the thread, stop reading it, and stop posting.

Have a nice day...

What he is saying in general is that if you are AOA, and have high board scores, you would have your choice of residencies. VERY few would take an undesireable location over a plush one. Hence the undesirable places are the ones that go unfilled and are scrambled into by the students to who didn't match.

BrettBatchelor said:
Those circumstances seem pretty irrelevant since people in college could have kids of their own. Doesn't seem too out of the ordinary

this is true, but those people have usually made a choice to have children (or put themselves in that position). like I said, I'm talking about extreme cases of orphaned families and things like that, which I know would be extremely rare. So I pretty much think of it as a one time deal- if someone from a disadvantaged background has been lucky enough to get a full ride to one of those schools, they've been given their chance. If they screw it up, that's their own fault and they shouldn't be allowed another helping step when it comes to med school. by the way, i do agree that the person loaning it out at the state college is more disadvantaged than the one with a full ride.

BrettBatchelor said:
What he is saying in general is that if you are AOA, and have high board scores, you would have your choice of residencies. VERY few would take an undesireable location over a plush one. Hence the undesirable places are the ones that go unfilled and are scrambled into by the students to who didn't match.

Yes, I'm aware of this, but I just think it should have been written a little more clear. From what I've seen, there are some who would read that like it sounded and agree- don't want to lump him in that category.

Mr PluM said:
all you sdn nerd premeds are illiterate when it comes to political and social issues---it makes me sick to my stomach.....

white man had aa for 500 years in the us

black man and white women had it for 30 years

and stupid white man gets mad

and middle class asians and indians are white man's modern slaves and they are mad tooo

and the native indians, well ,they are all basically dead.

all this illogical childish rhetoric you all speak is very enlightening, it makes sense though when you look at the medical system, a whole bunch of sheep and dummies being pimped by the pharms, you got to be a dum dum, when business air head dummies are telling you real dummies(doctors) what to do doesn't get any worse than this.... a decline of a naition for sure.

blatant ignorance

I'm sorry, but did you just call people childish and in the same breath call them "dum dums" and "dummies?"

DokterGirl said:
you need to note that not ALL urms are not as high qualified (and as highly qualified as who by the way?), do not all do worse in med school, and do not all do worse on boards.
there are always exceptions to generalizations. for the vast majority of urms (80% is no stretch) these generalizations hold true, and you cannot justify aa based on the rare exceptional cases. not as justified as their orm counterparts who got in based on their own merit, of course; who else could they be compared to? compared to non urms basically. ok fine, i have noted that not ALL this and that, but its still a moot point.
Your post also seems to read that doctors in "undesirable" areas are marginally, if at all, qualified. There are quite a few high qualified doctors who are in the so-called undesirable areas because those are the people they choose to help- not because they didn't meet your high standards of medicine.
im calling bs on this one. come back to the real world. get the help word out of your vocab. docs are people, not selfless martyrs. with that kind of signature you should probably stick to the pre-allo forums.

Shredder said:
there are always exceptions to generalizations. for the vast majority of urms (80% is no stretch) these generalizations hold true, and you cannot justify aa based on the rare exceptional cases. not as justified as their orm counterparts who got in based on their own merit, of course; who else could they be compared to? compared to non urms basically. ok fine, i have noted that not ALL this and that, but its still a moot point.

I'd love to know where you're getting your information, both your 80% and your thinking that every orm gets in on their own merit. I'm sure those people fill the category that can answer yes to "do you know any alumni, is your family an alum..." questions. each group has some that get in on their own merit and some who lean on quotas or connections. I just appreciate knowing what is backing up comments that are lumping me in with unqualified people.

im calling bs on this one. come back to the real world. get the help word out of your vocab. docs are people, not selfless martyrs. with that kind of signature you should probably stick to the pre-allo forums.

first of all, you just told me to stick to a forum THAT I AM IN. second of all, I am very aware that doctors are people, and you're making it seem, again, that there is no possible way someone could actually choose to work in an underserved area. I plan on working in an underserved area and it has to do with helping a community like my own. This is from my experiences, nothing more, nothing less. some people actually do intend to use medicine to help others.

It is just a tired phrase on this board. We see it all the time. People talk the game about serving the poor get a 260 board score and somehow their lifelong dream is to open up a plastics practice in Beverly Hills. No matter what specialty or area you practice in you are going to help people.
And I agree, Most people given the opportunity would choose a better area to live/train/practice. It is human nature to pick the best option.

DokterGirl said:
I'm sorry, but did you just call people childish and in the same breath call them "dum dums" and "dummies?"
hehehe :laugh: