affirmative action thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Originally posted by Explosivo
You didn't alphabetize you frickin jagoff!!

I'm sending a copy of this list to all the medical schools you applied to b/c your lack of alphabetization shows you to be unfit for a career in medicine.

I'm adding one more troll too...perhaps the meanest one.

tweetie_bird

heheheh
I feel no pain! I feel no pain!! I feel NO PAIN!!

:p :p :p :p
Good one though. Almost had me feeling bad for a minute. :laugh:

What's this I hear now about how we're supposed to have lives?

I've volunteered, been in ECs, had clinical experience, took all my prereqs and the MCAT, submitted secondaries, bought a formal (yet stylish) NON HUNTER GREEN suit.... and now this? :eek:

Hey guys... what kind of life should I get to increase my chances of getting in? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Woots32
What's this I hear now about how we're supposed to have lives?

I've volunteered, been in ECs, had clinical experience, took all my prereqs and the MCAT, submitted secondaries, bought a formal (yet stylish) NON HUNTER GREEN suit.... and now this? :eek:

Hey guys... what kind of life should I get to increase my chances of getting in? :confused:

That of a habitual crack addict of Basque descent with a lisp, a gimpy leg, and tourrette's syndrome. Med schools are looking for diversity nowadays.

:confused:

jcat, please come back, and tell us!

Well, first you gotta "Get outta Jail" and pass Trafalgar (sp?) square. Then you hop into that cereal commercial banner on Hooker Street and Lover's lane; in it, you shall encounter the famous french maid called ALottaFagina. I just call her Fanny, for short. If you are already carrying the diamond handed to you by Mr. Bond, hand it over to Fanny and she'll give you a Box of Life cereal.

That should make you a shoo-in for medical school. And I would change that suit color to hunter green. :D

Originally posted by Tweetie_bird
And I would change that suit color to hunter green. :D

Wait! I have a 45T and a 3.98GPA. I have a Gatherer Green suit! Do you think that will hurt my chances?

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

oh my god; LMAO. You can only wear a Gatherer suit if you are female (an anthropology student would know why I said that). And you'd hafta be one helluva premedder to go through all THAT, RA.

I have two questions.

1. I am getting nervous since it has been about 12 hours since I submitted my secondary application, and I haven't heard anything yet. Should I send an update letter? Should I call and check on my status? Or should I just assume that I have been scheduled for an interview on Monday, and just show up.

2. I have my Southwestern interview tomorrow. Since it is close I am going to drive there, but I am wondering what kind of car I should drive there. I have a 200 Accord and a 1993 Ford F150 pickup, but I am assuming that I should buy a new car to drive for the interview (just like a bought a new suit, shoes, shirt, and underwear). What kind of car would you suggest?

Thanks much.

Originally posted by cabruen
I have a 200 Accord and a 1993 Ford F150 pickup

Jeebus...take the pickup. That Accord is 1802 years old!

Hi! I'm in-utero and was wanting to get a jump on the 2022 MCAT (April, of course! gotta get AMCAS in on 6/15/22!) and would like to know if you TPR, Examkrackers or Kaplan would be better?

Also, I've heard the formerly lost T-NBC videos of "Saved by the Bell: MCAT prep with Mr. B" have been recently discovered to increase composite scores by .0000673456822 of a point. Do you think it would be advantageous to follow the 89-week verbal regime with Zack and Kelly? I'm just a little worried about PS with Slater - could he really know more than Screech? PLEASE HELP NOW URGENTLY NEED HELP!

And, could all of you with +44 MCATs please post your opinions, stats and shoe sizes?

Originally posted by Pinki
Hi! I'm in-utero and was wanting to get a jump on the 2022 MCAT (April, of course! gotta get AMCAS in on 6/15/22!)

Do you know who the father is? You may be able to apply as a URM? :D

I don't think you have to worry about AMCAS in 2022 because medschools would have figured out that they are completely useless.

Originally posted by Pinki
Hi! I'm in-utero and was wanting to get a jump on the 2022 MCAT (April, of course! gotta get AMCAS in on 6/15/22!) and would like to know if you TPR, Examkrackers or Kaplan would be better?

And, could all of you with +44 MCATs please post your opinions, stats and shoe sizes?

That is a great idea!! I was a slacker and started my MCAT preparation in 2nd grade :( Before the test, I had only done 3,543 practice tests and only logged 571,432 hours of prep time for the exam, and my crappy performance (42S) is making the application process difficult for me. I might just retake it after 45 years of studying to make sure i get in right next time. Its good that you're thinking about these things now, it really puts you at an advantage to know why you want to be a doctor before you're potty trained :clap:

i think you need to set your standards higher, a 44T on the MCAT is not going to cut it these days, unless you are a URM of course, then a 10J is sufficient. I'd say try to get in 2 full length exams a day, read several long winded 19th century Russian novels a week, for a minimum of 5 years. You'll be set :D

good luck :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by DW
I was a slacker and started my MCAT preparation in 2nd grade :(

No wonder you had such a hard time in genetics! :D

you guys are all slackers. i'm currently trying to concieve a child- i have taken the sperm from a nobel prize winning scientist and am going to start tutoring the fetus in utero. i feel it is too late for me, but my offspring will get the 45Z that i so wanted on the mcat.

Originally posted by kiping
you guys are all slackers. i'm currently trying to concieve a child- i have taken the sperm from a nobel prize winning scientist and am going to start tutoring the fetus in utero. i feel it is too late for me, but my offspring will get the 45Z that i so wanted on the mcat.

Yes, and to have more prominent effect,u should not only tutor ur fetus during the day, but during the night, you should also put audio osmosis tapes to good use by putting the headphones on your stomach, so that the fetus can absorb those materials real quick. Physics is quite difficult and u dont want ur kid to have trouble with it.

Originally posted by dpw68
DW,

aren't you a little harsh on the DO's? They get the same training as MD's...plus that OMM stuff......do you know something about DO's that I have not heard? I thought about DO...bad idea?

Hmm he doesnt realize that this is sarcasm yet the only he mentions is the "DO" thing. Strange...........

Originally posted by dpw68
DW,

aren't you a little harsh on the DO's? They get the same training as MD's...plus that OMM stuff......do you know something about DO's that I have not heard? I thought about DO...bad idea?

hey dpw, this is a sarcastic thread! join in

Hey Guys--

I have a SERIOUS question and I'm in need of IMMMEDIATE help. With October 15 being the day after tomorrow, I'm considering staying home from work and just sitting by the mailbox all day Tuesday with my laptop and phone so I don't miss the exact moment a letter/email/phone call arrives from each of the 47 schools that I've interviewed at so far. In fact, I'm considering taking an extended leave of absence from work so that I can drive around the county and personally update my application with each individual adcom (I'm first author for 75 new articles appearing in major jornals). I think that will better show my loyalty and commitment to medically underserved communities than my current job in rural clinical research. Sure, I might have to borrow a lot of money to do this, but what's another $4,000 when I haven't even been accepted?

sweet tea-
i think to show your loyalty to all the schools- you should personally visit each and every one of them- like i am doing. i have baked brownies for all the ad coms- and am personally delivering the baked goodies while asking for the status of my application.

please reference my earlier comments regarding knee pads or trench coat. I still believe this is the way to go. the brownies however are a very nice touch.

thank you, kiping and seaworthc for your sage advice.

look for me touring the country in just a trenchcoat and knee pads, caring a plate of brownies. i think that will definetly set me apart from the rest of the applicants. :D

Wow Sweat Tea!!!!

Are you making any stops in Dallas. I would certainly love to meet you!

Originally posted by Sweet Tea
thank you, kiping and seaworthc for your sage advice.

look for me touring the country in just a trenchcoat and knee pads, caring a plate of brownies. i think that will definetly set me apart from the rest of the applicants. :D

you should wear some shoes too to protect them from callousing and stuff during your trips. some people can't stand women with bad feet. :)

Originally posted by cabruen
Wow Sweat Tea!!!!

Are you making any stops in Dallas. I would certainly love to meet you!

dude...it's SWEET Tea. Not Perspiration Tea... SweEt Tea!! If you can't spell my name, I'm not going to Dallas. ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by Sweet Tea
dude...it's SWEET Tea. Not Perspiration Tea... SweEt Tea!! If you can't spell my name, I'm not going to Dallas. ;) :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

so I just interviewed today at Wash U and there was a girl there with an OLIVE suit. I heard one of the admissions committee members comment on how she had been selected for interview based on her fashion sense.

maybe we should consider revising the earlier conclusion that HUNTER green is the way to go?

:confused:

Oh man... That was just what I needed after finishing a long medical school application online, with the service being frustratingly slow. This thread is so hilarious!!

Hi everyone. I have a problem. I am really good looking, and being really good looking (like I am) can some times be hard. I am wondering if, since I am really good looking (that's right I'm really really good looking. If you saw me you would want to have sex with me like 100 times right on the spot, seriously) when I interview do you think it would hurt my chances, since I am really good looking? Do you think, since I am really good looking and you all want to have sex with me, that I should try to dress in an unsexy way so as not to draw attention to how really good looking I am? Being really good looking in a world of people who are not all really good looking (unlike myself, who is really good looking) can sometime be a challenge. Just to prove that I am really good looking you can check out my modeling picture at this web page: "www.some-BS-PicThat-I-AmTryingToPretendIsMeEvenThoughItObviouslyIsntMe.com"

Originally posted by Spidey
Hi everyone. I have a problem. I am really good looking, and being really good looking (like I am) can some times be hard. I am wondering if, since I am really good looking (that's right I'm really really good looking. If you saw me you would want to have sex with me like 100 times right on the spot, seriously) when I interview do you think it would hurt my chances, since I am really good looking? Do you think, since I am really good looking and you all want to have sex with me, that I should try to dress in an unsexy way so as not to draw attention to how really good looking I am? Being really good looking in a world of people who are not all really good looking (unlike myself, who is really good looking) can sometime be a challenge. Just to prove that I am really good looking you can check out my modeling picture at this web page: "www.some-BS-PicThat-I-AmTryingToPretendIsMeEvenThoughItObviouslyIsntMe.com"

NOTE TO SPIDEY:

there is more to life than being really really really good looking. like helping people that need to be helped.

ps. i checked out your pic. you are really really really good looking.

must stop laughing hysterically at work. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

hey spidey,
i didn't see your pic!!!!!!!!! where is it?

Originally posted by Spidey

uuuhhm, i dont know, u dont really sound convincing about ur good looks, just how goos looking are u?

Will everyone who has posted on this thread please post their GPA/MCAT? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hey spidey-
i can soo relate- you see i too am really really good looking. how i handle it is that i just have sex with everyone.

Originally posted by kiping
hey spidey-
i can soo relate- you see i too am really really good looking. how i handle it is that i just have sex with everyone.

Including goats?

why? do you know any??;)

I don't know, I think abstinence is much more impressive to the adcoms--especially if you're really good-looking. It shows that you can channel your energy, and that you're willing to make whatever sacrifice is necessary to become a good doctor.

OH MY GOD! October 15th has come and gone, and still no word from my top choice school! :(

Granted, they haven't started interviewing yet. But the only logical explanation for why I haven't received my acceptance letter is that they had so many 45T/4.0 people apply, they decided not to even bother w/ interviews this year and go completely on stats alone. :mad:

So now I know that w/ my despicable 44S/3.999999998, I'm probably on the waitlist, maybe even rejected! :( With these terrible chances of every getting into med school, should I even bother to finish their secondary? :confused:

Help!!!!

but should i pluck my eyebrows before the interview? or is that a bit much (ie. at odds with the whole 'au-naturel,' conservative theme)? what do we think? do we like bert? (will the unibrow might work for or against me?)

I hope you all eat shiet and die!

Explosivo,

President
TeinII Fanclub

Oh my God, guys, please help me, I'm desperate.
I think I may have just ruined my chances of ever becoming anything in life. I just got back my first chemistry lab quiz, and i got a B+. It counts for a whole 5% of our grade. Please, be honest: do I have a chance, or should I just drop out of school now? Who am I kidding, I know what the answer is....just try to phrase it gently, okay, my bruised ego cannot take too harsh a reminder of my utter failure. :(

y'all are too funny - but I have a serious question.

I've heard that if you have an interview on Halloween day that you should show up dressed as your favorite internal organ. I have a great Liver suit that I used last year, but the gall bladder is kindof a Hunter Green - does this ruin my chances? Should I go as the Spleen instead?

Okay so I need everyone here to answer all of my interview questions for me. Like
1. Tell me about yourself
2. Why medicine

I can't be expected to answer these questions onmy own!!!! AAARRRGGGGHHHH I can't take it!!!

Originally posted by Explosivo
I hope you all eat shiet and die!

Explosivo,

President
TeinII Fanclub

If I eat shiet can I be part of the Fanclub?!?!??!?! My fiancee ain't busted yo. Pleeeeeease?

By the way, Explosivo, is there a GPA/MCAT cutoff for acceptance into this club. Please respond ASAP.