AFHPSP Now Requires Mother-In-Law and Father-In-Law Information on the App?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BioENG 215

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received an email from my recruiter today stating that since I was previously married (Divorced as of 2006), I would need to furnish name, address, date of birth, place of birth, maiden name, any other last names and INS info for both Mother-In-Law and Father-In-Law. Since I am no longer in contact with them and since the divorce they have moved from their previous address, it would be almost impossible to get this information. Would you furnish personal information to your son’s/daughter’s divorced spouse? This is very frustrating. Immediate family information I can understand, but In-Law information from an ex-spouse? I thought the air force wanted more physicians through HPSP, not lose more potential physicians. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I just received an email from my recruiter today stating that since I was previously married (Divorced as of 2006), I would need to furnish name, address, date of birth, place of birth, maiden name, any other last names and INS info for both Mother-In-Law and Father-In-Law. Since I am no longer in contact with them and since the divorce they have moved from their previous address, it would be almost impossible to get this information. Would you furnish personal information to your son’s/daughter’s divorced spouse? This is very frustrating. Immediate family information I can understand, but In-Law information from an ex-spouse? I thought the air force wanted more physicians through HPSP, not lose more potential physicians. Any thoughts?

If you honestly don't know. Tell them. Should be good enough.

If you honestly don't know. Tell them. Should be good enough.

Thank you NavyFP! The AF recruiter said it shouldn't be a problem. The Navy doesn't have any issues with it. I hope I hear back from the Navy soon about my application status at the board.

The information may be for a preliminary security screening.

If you are upset about that have fun with the secret clearance questionnare.