African-Canadian Applying USMD - Check URM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

frenchfries02

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,
I've searched this question and haven't found a definitive answer. I'm applying to MD schools in which internationals are either put in the same pool as everyone (mostly private schools) or are categorized as out-of-state. I am black and I was wondering if I would be considered URM, or if URM is a category for US citizens only. Thanks and GL everyone!
 
International URM here. Everyone I talked to , of which a couple were adcoms, said internationals can be URMs. I checked the box this cycle and I don't think it hurt me doing so.