After interview.. what differentiates between accepted and waitlisted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I Brush My Teeth

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone
Just wondering.. I feel like the majority of people's interviews "go well" and most people seem like they are great fits for schools.. does anything other than the interview get looked at again in deciding between waitlisting/rejecting an individual vs accepting them?
I'm talking more about larger private schools that only have their classes half way filled around this time..

Members don't see this ad.

They want to see how willing you are with going to their school over another. Yield protection.

hey everyone
Just wondering.. I feel like the majority of people's interviews "go well" and most people seem like they are great fits for schools.. does anything other than the interview get looked at again in deciding between waitlisting/rejecting an individual vs accepting them?
I'm talking more about larger private schools that only have their classes half way filled around this time..

unless there are people this board who have worked in admissions, nobody really knows.
the reasons why a school would accept/deny someone is so variable its hard to tell

GPA and DAT. I can tell you firsthand that I've received many more early rejections than interviews and acceptances. If you have high stats, the only way you'll get waitlisted/rejected is if you mess up the interview or there's other applicants who have the same stats but with more EC's.

Reactions: 1 user