after lasiks?

Started by leorl
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

leorl

Full Member
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
stupid question...After you have lasiks done, but your eyes continue to deteriorate from aging (I'm nearly blind now with astigmatisms, so I know my eyesight will get worse with age even after lasiks), can you correct vision with contacts, or will you be confined to wearing spectacles?
 
Contacts are more difficult to fit on a person after lasik b/c the cornea is no longer a nice curved dome like it was. This sometimes make contacts not an option any more. The other option is getting the surgery again. I know one patient who has had it done 4 times now. I would imagine her cornea is almost gone! Anyway, if you are still able to correct your astigmatism with contacts, I would stick with that. But that is just my opinion.