After the interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOisALLiWANT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lets say you interviewed and your interview went reallly well, however your mcat is sort of low like 25. In your accomas you stated that you will retake the mcat. Do you think most likely you will get waitlisted until new mcat scores come in or do you think there's still a chance to get accepted? Has this happened to anyone esp in schools such as UMDNJ, NYCOM, Touro NY, PCOM?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you get waitlisted, then call the schools and ask if they are waiting for a new MCAT score. Otherwise, don't bother.

Your MCAT score is average for those who matriculate, so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

It depends. If you've already interviewed, then there's really nothing you can do at this point. However, some schools wait to evaluate your file if you told them that you're retaking.

However, some schools wait to evaluate your file if you told them that you're retaking.

Well, kinda...

That's true pre-interview, but they generally don't interview and then wait to evaluate your interview results and your file until you retake. If they care a lot about your score and it's too low for them right now, you'd have a high chance of being waitlisted or having their decision postponed until they get new scores. I realize postposing sounds like what you said, scummie, but I wanted to make the point that they'd first have to evaluate your interview in order to decide to postpone the final decision. :)

But you have a good chance of being accepted at this point without having to worry about that pesky retake.

:luck: