Air Force HPSP - MEPs and Adderall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VJP212

Reaction score
I am applying for an HPSP Air Force scholarship and have disclosed usage of Adderall and anti-depressants to my recruiter. It doesn’t seem to be immediately disqualifying because the recruiter asked that I provide all medical records for each doctor that has either prescribed Adderall or provided counseling. Although I have had a prescription in the last 12 months, it is used very sporadically…perhaps 1-2x/week and not even that often outside of academic periods.

My doctor has written a letter to indicate that I am in no way dependent on the medication and could perform any and all duties successfully without it.

However, I cannot recall or obtain the documentation related to counseling from 8-10 years ago. The recruiter indicated that all counseling needs to be documented. When I raised the issue of not being able to obtain the dated records, she indicated to just disclose as much as possible.

If I can document medication management records from 2019 and 2015, but NOT from 2010-2013, would this present a big problem with MEPS?

Members don't see this ad.

I am applying for an HPSP Air Force scholarship and have disclosed usage of Adderall and anti-depressants to my recruiter. It doesn’t seem to be immediately disqualifying because the recruiter asked that I provide all medical records for each doctor that has either prescribed Adderall or provided counseling. Although I have had a prescription in the last 12 months, it is used very sporadically…perhaps 1-2x/week and not even that often outside of academic periods.

My doctor has written a letter to indicate that I am in no way dependent on the medication and could perform any and all duties successfully without it.

However, I cannot recall or obtain the documentation related to counseling from 8-10 years ago. The recruiter indicated that all counseling needs to be documented. When I raised the issue of not being able to obtain the dated records, she indicated to just disclose as much as possible.

If I can document medication management records from 2019 and 2015, but NOT from 2010-2013, would this present a big problem with MEPS?

The recent usage of adderall and prescription within the last year is going to be an issue and might not be waivered as it is a PDQ.