AKO CAC Mail Worst Ever

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ksmustang

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So after a few hours that I don't have to spare I finally got all the certificates and my CAC reader to work on my mac/firefox. Everything was going great, I could login to AKO with it, I went to access web.mail.mil and accidentally selected the wrong certificate on the first attempt to login. Then I went to try to login a second time, but it didn't give me an option to select the other certificate, instead, it just automatically tried with the original selection. Third time was a charm and now I think my CAC is officially locked because I can't even access AKO.

I read online that I have to go to a DEERS site to unlock. Is this true? Also does anyone know how to get firefox to ask for a different certificate if you use the wrong one at first? I'd like to avoid this in the future.

Members don't see this ad.

You only have to go to DEERS if you entered your PIN incorrectly 3 times. Doesn't sound like you did that. Just clear the history/cache from firefox and restart it. It should then prompt you to enter your PIN and choose the correct certificate.

You only have to go to DEERS if you entered your PIN incorrectly 3 times. Doesn't sound like you did that. Just clear the history/cache from firefox and restart it. It should then prompt you to enter your PIN and choose the correct certificate.

It worked! Thank you so much.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just a heads up. You will not be able to utilize a Mac computer or Firefox, Chrome, etc. to submit your CDW. The only interface that works with MODS is a PC with IE 9 or above.

Just sayin

Reactions: 1 user
Just a heads up. You will not be able to utilize a Mac computer or Firefox, Chrome, etc. to submit your CDW. The only interface that works with MODS is a PC with IE 9 or above.

Just sayin

Is that just one section of MODS? I've had MODS work just fine on a Mac within the GME Board section. (Well after many hours of frustration initially getting any military site to work on a Mac many years ago)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Just sayin
i dont think this is true.

Just sayin

To be honest, I don't know what any of that means. I looked it up, but it seems related to reimbursement for HPSP. I am in USAR on MDSSP, so I don't receive reimbursement. I appreciate you pointing it out, however, and if I wind up using MODS I will keep that in mind. I do also have school issued windows laptop as well.

Thanks for the help, everyone.

Is that just one section of MODS? I've had MODS work just fine on a Mac within the GME Board section. (Well after many hours of frustration initially getting any military site to work on a Mac many years ago)

@backrow, the medical education portion of MODS is not an "off-the-self" program. There is a team of dedicated programmers that are constantly enhancing and upgrading the program. The code that handles the HPSP portion is over 16 years old and cannot support anything other than what I've outlined. The PGY-1 is now being updated to the new language. Because GME was the last portion created, it has the advantage of being the most up to date...